Dollar gaining strength - how long before Fed intervention?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

USERX (gold stock mutual fund) potentially had a life run low yesterday. It was a doozy too. Averaged 5% down for 5 days. Typically, that marks a major low. The only issue with that indicator is that it only managed to get that signal because it had a sizable dividend so it's unclear if it's a real signal or not.

I think the consensus of s kicking around for a few weeks is probably right.. I could see a 5-10% rally over the next couple weeks but that's about it.

Gold will stop dropping about 1550 and then bounce some. Silver is likely to stop at 26. Both are likely to trade in the ranges 1550/1600 and 26/29 for several weeks before making another major move up or down.

My guess is the next major move is up, but not til sometime after the first of the year. In the meantime lots of choppiness as it gradually trends higher.

That's about how I see it, absent some other headline that throws the markets into a tizzy:flail: - given what's on the table, I think some bizarre headlines are highly likely. Seems like the wins will go to the swift for awhile. Or at least I prefer doing the work to be swift over just hoping and holding my nose.

Back
Top Bottom