End the tax more versus spend less conversation without words

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I am in for taxing less. There is/has been a lot of wasteful spending going on for years. Let me keep it and I will spend it on American products!

The problem is that the spending issue is entirely concentrated in social security, medicare/medicaid and defense spending. The discretionary budget is a drop in the bucket. Few politicians inside the beltway want any kind of serious spending reform to the three/four big elephants in the room.

The problem is that the spending issue is entirely concentrated in social security, medicare/medicaid and defense spending. The discretionary budget is a drop in the bucket. Few politicians inside the beltway want any kind of serious spending reform to the three/four big elephants in the room.

We have two choices:

1) Amputate the legs on the elephants, OR
2) The elephants will die.

I think I would rather have the legless elephants than the dead ones.

All of those elephants have some fat that could be trimmed. IMO, if it was important enough, we would worry about the domestic matters at hand. I know we cannot ignore the international community, but those three items listed are far from perfect or frugal.

Back
Top Bottom