Goldman removes nameplate from Zürich office-building

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I walked through Zürich's financial and shopping district today. Goldman Sachs has an office in a small byroad. The building is an ordinary old townhouse, nothing special. Until today I didn't know where they had their office here in Zürich. So I'm walking through this lovely little street in the old town and a wall of a building catches my attention. It looks like somebody recently removed a large nameplate (80x80 inches or so). The bell also didn't show a name. The door is made of glas, so I took a look inside. An identical nameplate like the removed one from the wall outside is still installed next to the elevator. I checked the adress and they're still registered there.

Here's the google streetview link:

http://maps.google.ch/maps?hl=de&ba...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQ_BIwAA

It's the door with the window above:

kanqxu.jpg

Ok, what to make of it. A few months ago, Goldman offices in Milan, Italy, (and somewhere else, I don't remember where) were "stormed" by protestors:

My suspicion is that the head office in New York gave an order to all local branches to remove any signs that could identify them as Goldman.

I can smell fear! :doodoo:

Let me be clear: I urge everyone to respect property rights and the phyiscal integrity of any person. Don't engage in violence and destruction, it doesn't help the cause of us who want an intellectual change.

Did they also order a cache of fiddles?

I'll bet that is happenning all over Europe. If I were a banker, I wouldn't want to be readily identifiable either. The anger of the citiznery in the Eurozone is palpable these days, and especially so in Spain and Italy. All of Europe is on the edge of something right now, and I don't think there can be any turning back.

Back
Top Bottom