GOOG: The phrase 'Bank Run' has just hit an all-time high

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/google-shows-why-status-quo-powers-be-should-be-scared-very-scared

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 05/24/2012 14:49 -0400

The volume of searches for the phrase 'Bank Run' has just hit an all-time high - higher now than even during the peak of the Lehman Brothers 'moment'. While English dominates the language choices, the Europeans (Dutch, Germans, and French) are extremely 'interested' as are the Chinese...but it appears the Singaporeans are running the most scared (as we noted here) is perhaps not surprising, followed by the Irish and the Americans - with Germany a disappointing 10th - perhaps they really do not care as much as everyone's bluff-calling hopes. It seems the fears of real 'bank runs' are becoming virtually 'viral' - not a good sign for the stability of the fictional-reserve-banking-dependent status quo.

20120524_bankrun.png

20120524_bankrun_language.png

20120524_bankrun_region.png

Source: Google Trends

For two days in a row, I have been doing my own little bank runs, taking $500 out of the ATM on the way home in the evening. I've been regularly (call once or twice per week doing this for months... Some of that eventually gets spent on GOLD.

Under the mattress looks as safe as a bank for part of my cash. And since they pay 0%, there is no opportunity cost either.

This is the one and only trump card the people have against the oligarchs. Withdraw from the system. It will collapse under it's own "weight" (fractionally reserved and rehypothecated debt + derivative bubble).

Back
Top Bottom