Hassels of using cash

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-happened-tried-pay-114-155500789.html

Guy tries to pay off his student loans in cash.....

"I just plopped the bag down (on the counter)," he said. "They also didn't know how to handle it. At first the manager didn't want to accept the money."

While Kenjeev waited, calls to higher-ups were made, his RBC withdrawal slip was reviewed, and tellers went to work counting the bills by hand.

"I was pretty naive," Kenjeev admitted. "I didn't really realize how much of a hassle I'd cause for everybody. You just look at things and you figure cash is simpler than anything else."

Living "cash only" does have its challenges. Like the time I bought a car and they didn't know what to do. Or staying at a motel and the seeing the girl figure out what to do when they don't have a credit card to 'hold'. Even paying utility bills and taxes can be a bit of a challenge.
Interesting how they have legal tender become 'illegal' in practical terms. I want to use the coin of the realm but the realm most often won't let me.

Back
Top Bottom