Inflation is coming for Asia

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/watch...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

"Weak economic growth has helped keep inflation in check, but signs of an economic recovery in Asia are growing and this combined with unprecedented monetary easing by central banks in the past two years will push prices higher in the months ahead, Xie told CNBC Asia's "Squawk Box" on Thursday."

"At the end of the day, you have all this money out there. It's rational to expect inflation," Xie, a former chief Asia-Pacific economist with Morgan Stanley, said. "India is the most vulnerable. It cannot solve supply bottlenecks. Southeast Asian economies like Indonesia and Thailand too."

The same exact situation is occuring in the U.S., yet no mention of inflation risk here?
:noevil:

We are exporting our inflation. It's going to hit foreign shores first (remember the impetus for the so called "Arab Spring"?).

No inflation in Peru yet, other than the fact that its currency is RISING vs. the US$. My last haircut cost me $5.00, 25% more than a year ago, the bulk of that due to Peru's strong currency. Scandalous!

Our Asian bearing suppliers have not raised prices in over a year. That sort-of tells me that on a larger scale that demand for replacement parts might be weakening (in other countries), but sales for us in 2012 were 21% + better than in 2011.

I have tracked the very recent Japanese Yen going down. That (of course) is good news for us, as some 15% - 20% of our bearings come from there, there will be less cost pressure on our supplier, and he will likely maintain the good prices we get (our supplier is very small by Japanese standards).

Back
Top Bottom