It's getting eerie out there

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I have never seen volume on the DOW as low as it was today. Less than 59mm shares handled all day, something isn't right folks, and i don't like the way it makes me feel right now.:flushed:

You mean the HFT algos have stopped trading too?

Heck, today was the first day in weeks I've even traded. Cut a loss today selling some stuff that had been a bad bet.

This is spooky boys, I mean to say say that it's unnerving in a way, what with something approaching zero organic trading.

Bond market was closed. Everybody and their algos holding their breath. Tomorrow is another day.
Either stocks are going to catch down to credit, or vice versa. I'd lean towards the former.
Looks like the PM slam is ongoing still. It does look like SA called the bottom right for gold (late June), I'd expect that if we touch that again - we bounce. I'll sure be a buyer again if we get there.
But physical. Once I finish getting out of paper PM's, that's it for paper. That re-re-re hypothication thing is out of control. Might be a good pop song, but...I don't think it's gonna get any respect.

Watching the markets knee-jerk back and forth after every Fed comment, I have to wonder at what point folks with money in the game are going to say, "enough is enough - this is madness" and decide that protecting their wealth is more important than trying to time the Ponzi right up until the collapse.

Back
Top Bottom