More Fun With Bitcoins

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Last edited:
Well I am following bitcoin Do Chen and I appreciate your efforts in digging out the background stuff.

I gave up trying to comment on your blogsite because getting past the 'sign in' is beyond me. It requires having to remember something ............

My biggest problem with getting started is with creating a wallet and knowing I will have to remember something else .......

I am just not impressed with bit coin. As stackers we stand for physical- how is this even close to our goals- only that the program only allows x amount of coins. But the govt rigs everything.

Anyone who puts serious cash into bit coin is a nut.

I had about $45 into it. I traded that for $5 in junk silver- so a bit over 3 oz.

Yes- bit coin could go up- but do you really want to be left holding the bag when the bubble pops?

Penn
It depends on whether you think bitcoin is a tulip mania or if you think it has utility as a means of exchange with no middlemen or customs to intercept.

If the btc value stabilises and you want to move your stash to some far flung place you can convert to btc, fly there and use your btc to repurchase your stash.

Ok some margin losses and short term forex risk if you cashed out of pm but the transfer is a lot safer than any other way.

Btc is gaining recognition and today did more business than paypal -

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/11/bitcoin-tops-paypal-for-first-time-in.html

Theres been quite a lot of 'mainstream bloggers ' showing interest, like Bill Bonner and John Mauldin and even national govs saying it makes sense.

Its not about it being in competition with gold its something else and for the moment is getting attention from speculators. This will eventually end.

The biggest risk is probably from rival crypto currences but it looks like BTC will achieve critical mass pretty soon.

No.

Sorry.

If you dont hold it you dont own it.

Do you really want your entire future to be decided by an algorrythm?

Enjoyed that post DCRB. Good stuff from your friend B.I.

And also agree with rb that commenting on you blog takes a bit of effort. I've got too man Google profiles for various purposes and it's a pain to keep logging out and logging in to the different profiles in order to post a note.

Do you really want your entire future to be decided by an algorythm?

like those fast trading computers they use to smash down the metals ?

Because thats whats deciding my future at the moment :flail:

@ rblong2us

It is easier to comment if you have a gmail (Google) account, you can always start up a new one, like: allyrAurblong2me@gmail.com

Or even: alyrBTCrblong2me@gmail.com ... !!

@ anyone interested

I am a BEGINNER here.

But, you can try downloading "Multibit 0.5.14"... (under adult supervision?). You may need to load Oracle's Java at the prompt (I had to, but it went OK).

I am not a real tech guy...

What do you know: the World is ditching the dollar for the Bitchcoin :p

@ rblong2us

It is easier to comment if you have a gmail (Google) account, you can always start up a new one, like: allyrAurblong2me@gmail.com

Or even: alyrBTCrblong2me@gmail.com ... !!

@ anyone interested

I am a BEGINNER here.

But, you can try downloading "Multibit 0.5.14"... (under adult supervision?). You may need to load Oracle's Java at the prompt (I had to, but it went OK).

I am not a real tech guy...

I am so not interested in all that stuff you are helpfully trying to guide me with DoChen )-:

I have a google account that took me an evening to get working and commenting on any of the blogs was briefly possible as long as something important was unticked or perhaps it had to be ticked
and then there was the password
I was using 'fuckinidiot' but something seems to have changed ........:flushed:

Sadly I will probably only be able to comment at forums like this one until I forget my password, or it forgets me

I just used up all but $1.15 on the bit coin to get real silver. Yay.

Though countries such as China and Thailand bans BTC transactions, the U.S. Senate Committee once told that virtual currencies were a "legitimate financial service". Maybe this is a good sign of embracing global digital currency.

Back
Top Bottom