Stawks way off

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Looks like the DOW will start off on a red not this morning with Finviz showing it deep in the red at -224 right now. Not sure as to the catalyst, since 'Ol Yeller kept the rate unchanged, per the tantrum prone market's demand. I guess we'll have to see if Da Boyzz in the back room turn on the printing press and do their magic levitation act today to save the day like they usually do. It's quite unusual to see much more than a two hundred to two hundred fifty point drop anymore, because I guess that's their set-point for losses. Perhaps that's their psychological maximum allowable loss or something.:flushed:

Da Boyzz won't let the dominos gain any momentum if they can prevent it. Maintaining control of a complex system over a long period of time is problematic however.

ckx7zxiu2j2gnl2e7uej.jpg

Kind of like man trying to control nature with dams and levees. We can control nature......until we can't. It's all good until that six sigma event unfolds all the laundry that was so neatly folded up and on the edge of the bed.

Kind of like man trying to control nature with dams and levees. We can control nature......until we can't. It's all good until that six sigma event unfolds all the laundry that was so neatly folded up and on the edge of the bed.

Of course we can control nature, look how we've warmed the planet with our SUV's, this kind of warming has NEVER happened before that, and now we can change it back just by taxing business that liberals don't like out of business. :rolleyes: :flushed:

Down 234 per FinViz this morning on revelations that Volkswagon fucked around with the computer in their diesel cars. I guess they figured out how to beat our emissions testing so that the cars computer knew when it was being tested. The computer would kick in the emission controls and the car would pass and the car would get its sticker. Then, when the test equipment was removed, the computer would turn off those controls. The car would get great mileage and the owners were happy.

It all worked out well until someone talked. Now, their stock is free falling.

odd that the car gets better mileage when the emissions are higher ......

Here in Blighty we have an annual test that includes emission checks
All they do is rev the engine a bit and sniff the results
Cant imagine how the computer could know a test was occurring.

Last edited:
OK kiddies, time for the three thirty ramp. Let's see how long that holds together. I'll bet a bag of Orville Reddenbacher popcorn that it falls apart and we go back under two hundred down for the day. Right now at -198 and rising fast.

odd that the car gets better mileage when the emissions are higher ......

Here in Blighty we have an annual test that includes emission checks
All they do is rev the engine a bit and sniff the results
Cant imagine how the computer could know a test was occurring.

Not really, hot rodders have known for years that all that anti-smog crap saps power, which means your car has to work harder to go the same speed without it. The liberal media will try and convince you that the anti-smog stuff works miracles, but the vast majority of it does little in the way of actually helping. They had most of the smog spewing problems solved by the mid 80's or sooner, since then its been all about some arbitrary govt. numbers read at the tailpipe.

Down 234 per FinViz this morning on revelations that Volkswagon fucked around with the computer in their diesel cars. I guess they figured out how to beat our emissions testing so that the cars computer knew when it was being tested. The computer would kick in the emission controls and the car would pass and the car would get its sticker. Then, when the test equipment was removed, the computer would turn off those controls. The car would get great mileage and the owners were happy.

It all worked out well until someone talked. Now, their stock is free falling.

Yup, I say that guy should get an award for it, and it was going on for several years now. I would say VW made the first smart car. I'm sure Hitler would be happy to know his little car company is being such a pain to the western world.

Now I'm reading that it's not just VW, but BMW, Mercedes, hell, it might even be Fiat and all the rest. Once one of them does it, they all jump in to the game. I always wondered how the Europeans were able to get great mileage while us Americans were constantly ten MPG behind in the race.

This should be a great comedy.

Very interesting. A buddy has been looking to by a 2016 GMC Canyon with their new 2.8 liter diesel. About 2 weeks ago that option showed on GMCs web site as available to order. Three days later the diesel option had disappeared, Very interesting.

ouchies

Terrible payroll numbers:
And so the "most important payrolls number" at least until the October FOMC meeting when the Fed will once again do nothing because suddenly the US is staring recession in the face, is in the history books, and as previewed earlier today, at 142K it was a total disaster, 60K below the consensus and below the lowest estimate.

Just as bad, the August print was also revised far lower from 173K to 136K. And while it is less followed, the household survey was an unmitigated disaster, with 236,000 jobs lost in September.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...september-zero-wage-growth-august-revised-muc

Market reaction:
... US equity markets are in free-fall and gold and silver are surging. Treasuries rallied hard on the bursting of the faith bubble with 10Y yields plunged back under 2.00% and 30Y yields broke below the 200-day moving average.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...ump-gold-jumps-bond-yields-break-critical-sup

The band is playing faster than ever, no matter how much water this boat takes on.

Back
Top Bottom