US bank websites under DDOS attacks

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Welcome to the digital frontier:
The financial and banking industries are on high alert tonight as a massive cyberattack continues, with potentially millions of customers of Bank of America, PNC and Wells Fargo finding themselves blocked from banking online.

"There is an elevated level of threat," said Doug Johnson, a vice president and senior adviser of the American Bankers Association. "The threat level is now high."

"This is twice as large as any flood we have ever seen," said Dick Clarke, an ABC News consultant and former cybersecurity czar.

Sources told ABC News that the so-called denial of service attacks had been caused by hackers from the Middle East who had secretly transmitted signals commandeering thousands of computers worldwide.

Those computers -- or "zombies" -- were then used to overwhelm bank websites with a barrage of electronic traffic.

Different banks have been targeted on different days.

http://news.yahoo.com/hackers-possi...-websites-214243943--abc-news-topstories.html

:flushed:

We definitely need mandatory internet IDs and the right for goverments to search our computers without warrants, afterall this is an attack on the integrity of the financial system.
If conspiracy websites like GATA or KWN are attacked (which they have been since 10+ years), it's ok. They deserve it. But banks: Now these hacker punks have crossed the line.

;-)

haha.. please save us government, we're being inconvenienced!

"... to meet our regulatory obligations."

:paperbag:

OK, not like I needed another reason I to pluck $500 more from the ATM on the way home.

By the way, I am back bitchez! I have not had a chance to weight myself DCFusor and ancona... Be nice if I could keep the weight on :)

Back
Top Bottom