Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BigJim
  • 1 Post By DCFusor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Excuse me sir, we had a report you are burning wood...

EPA to outlaw many wood burning stoves
http://www.sott.net/article/256170-E...burning-stoves
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 131 times
MOLON Woodstove!!!!
dali lambone likes this.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
ADK
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 123 times
Hoo-wee... they wouldn't like the folks around here who use homemade / welded wood stoves to heat their houses
Old 01-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 54 times
Holy Crap, the USSA has truly become a proverbial prison.

We are "free range" citizens.

Try to pull my $4500 designed for 1900sq ft soap stone stove.

With the heat powered fan(no batteries/electricity) set on this stove, no Buderus oil furnace burned for the subfloor basement, main floor, or master bath tile 2nd floor.

Just to damn warm. Basement is cool however but not used for living space although finished as such.
drAGonfly47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Jay
Yellow Jacket

yeah, we use a medium sized Dutchwest, good luck moving it. This little town used to make EarthStoves, but that was before my time.

small town I live in requires a city approved (read BIL) contractor for installation and city inspection before you can have a woodstove. jeeeeeez. Cities closed on Thanksgiving day, though.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 249 times
Some good can come out of this. Some towns here allow people to burn in burn barrels, they burn plastics, diapers- and noxious stuff- and then it blows over to my area which does not burn and triggers breathing problems.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Jay
Yellow Jacket

so then Penn, outlawing most woodstoves will prevent people from burning in barrels?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by Jay View Post:
so then Penn, outlawing most woodstoves will prevent people from burning in barrels?
What do you think?

People burn garbage here because they dont want to pay a garbage man. It is not fair to people who have breathing problems.

All politics is local.

Think of how to arrange nuisances

Smell-breathing is the worst- then loud noise is 2nd- then the last on the list would be eye soars.

People should have access to heat their house- but burning of garbage has got to stop. At one time I was going to get the ashes of the plastics in the burn barrel and have them fined- you are not allowed to burn plastic.

The reality is - when I am gasping for air- unable to get oxygen- choking and about to turn blue- no one has the right to impose this on me.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #9
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
Some good can come out of this. Some towns here allow people to burn in burn barrels, they burn plastics, diapers- and noxious stuff- and then it blows over to my area which does not burn and triggers breathing problems.
The solution is to sue the polluters (the plastic and diaper burners), not ban wood-burning stoves.

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
I'm the only guy I know who does high vacuum physics, surface mount vapor reflow soldering, and all that is done in a room that contains this rebuilt Ashley (with a drum). Efficient as hell, and if you can smell my smoke, get the hell off my property.
Density is the problem, Penn. You want all the advantages (?) without any of the disadvantages? GoodLuckWithThat.
stove.jpg
ancona likes this.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
Yellow Jacket

Thats easy to say when you are in good health with no repitatory problems.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by DCFusor View Post:
I'm the only guy I know who does high vacuum physics, surface mount vapor reflow soldering, and all that is done in a room that contains this rebuilt Ashley (with a drum). Efficient as hell, and if you can smell my smoke, get the hell off my property.
Density is the problem, Penn. You want all the advantages (?) without any of the disadvantages? GoodLuckWithThat.
Attachment 98
that is awsome!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by mike View Post:
The solution is to sue the polluters (the plastic and diaper burners), not ban wood-burning stoves.
The way to deal with it - is to enforce existing law... which they dont.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #14
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
Penn - that's easy to say when you don't know me. I'm 59, smoked since 13, and regularly hack my guts up so hard I see spots. But it's my problem, so I moved out to where the air is good (at least between cigs), rather than blame others.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #15
Yellow Jacket

Do people burn garbage in burn barrels there?

I doubt they do. If they did- then you would know about the all day long smoker of blacks noixious smoke seeping into everything for hours on end- plastics- it is filthy and it needs to stop.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
Do people burn garbage in burn barrels there?

I doubt they do. If they did- then you would know about the all day long smoker of blacks noixious smoke seeping into everything for hours on end- plastics- it is filthy and it needs to stop.
try living in the Philippines. I have/do. Burning trash, tires, etc. And here in Central Texas they burn everything also. BUT burning trash in barrels has little to do with a select few mandating that I have to buy their woodstove. This is a money grab.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
Yellow Jacket

The difference Jay- is we need heat to live- but we do not need burning as a means of garbage disposal.

And sure it is a money grab.

I live in town- we do not burn in town-- so that is my choice. One reason- I can be glad I dont live in the country is that people do burn... not because they need heat but because they are too cheap to hire a garbage man. You cant hang clothes out to dry or open the windows- and the fumes seap into the house. That is not fair to those who have diminished lung capacity.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Penn, what in the world are you talking about? I started a thread about the EPA wanting to ban most woodstoves, and now it is about not being able to breath because people burn trash in barrels? My post #16 was merely a reply to your post to DCFuser questioning whether he even knew what noxious black smoke was.

check this out:
Air quality in Beijing was the "worst on record" on Saturday and Sunday

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...#ixzz2HzPwRK1t