It's illegal to be legal

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DCFusor

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
A friend sent me this link after noticing that it was similar to what happened to me here.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2012/may/23/miller-iraq-vet-brutalized-over-guns-dc/

I know, I promised to write that up as there's some useful info on how to stay alive through one of these, as well as where (and how well) they look for whatever "contraband", and maybe how to notice civil rights violations so even if they do find "bad things" you get off in the end.

Would it be ok with people if I wrote it up and attached as a document? This info doesn't want to get into google search...especially with my name attached.

Google can read text files, Word documents, PDF files, etc. It's best just not to post anything in a place where Google can crawl/see.

I just now created a sub-forum that is hidden from guests including all search engines. You can post stuff there that only logged in members can see:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f17/

http://ericpetersautos.com/2012/05/23/a-small-thing-can-lead-to-big-trouble/

"Is it not a tragic thing that we’ve allowed the country to become a large-scale reformatory in which almost everyone is guilty of some “offense” against the system – but hardly ever guilty of committing an actual harm? In which we’re treated like idiot children by heavily-armed busybodies empowered and prepared to do literally anything to us in order to obtain our submission? And to what end? Or rather, where does it end? Will it actually get to the point that armed men will hover over our dinner tables to make sure we’ve eaten all our veggies?"

Years ago I read Atlas Shrugged, and was amazed at the coincidental similarities between the book and life today. A few years ago, I re-read it and was truly frightened at what we have done to our republic. Current society so closely parallels the book it is as if Ayn Rand had second sight and could see the future.

We are wlkl on our way to the ends described in the book.

Last edited:
"Is it not a tragic thing that we’ve allowed the country to become a large-scale reformatory in which almost everyone is guilty of some “offense” against the system – but hardly ever guilty of committing an actual harm? ..."

Years ago I reay Atlas Shrugged, and was amazed at the coincidental similarities between the book and life today. ...

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f9/after-government-microchips-our-soldiers-how-long-will-903/#post8352

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/05/24/chicago-cops-are-the-terrorists/

"The Chicago Police clearly realized that it would be hard to convince a jury that the homemade beer-making equipment in the house was some dreaded bio-terror weapon, so for good measure they apparently dropped off some glass jars with gas in them and tried to make out that the kids were preparing molotov cocktails. That’s the word from National Lawyers Guild attorneys representing the men. They say their clients and others like them coming into Chicago from out of town to join in protests against the NATO summit were “befriended” by police informants and undercover Chicago Police, who then offered to obtain gasoline or explosive materials like toy rocket motors, and who proposed actions like firebombing police stations."

If you think Atlas Shrugged is too realistic, try reading It Can't Happen Here, by Sinclair Lewis.

yeah everyone should put a selection of their key words in as many mails as they feel able to.

Ive been doing it for years and often suggest to the watchers they go surfing, cos they are based at Bude on the north Cornwall coast ( UK ) with some real good atlantic surf.

You are legally carrying a firearm where you are allowed to with the proper permits.... that is not allowed:
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/06/23/mpls-man-police-beat-me-for-gun-despite-my-permit/

:doodoo:

I am always really curious what really happens in situations like this. Police don't generally act excessively or with force unless they have been pushed or there is a solid reason to. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but getting one side of the story, or worse yet, a video that starts rolling half-way through the incident, is not something that I feel I can base a judgement on. What makes it worse is when one of these "because I can" a-holes decides to be a jerk to LEO's (not saying that this is what happened here).

I am always really curious what really happens in situations like this. Police don't generally act excessively or with force unless they have been pushed or there is a solid reason to. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but getting one side of the story, or worse yet, a video that starts rolling half-way through the incident, is not something that I feel I can base a judgement on. What makes it worse is when one of these "because I can" a-holes decides to be a jerk to LEO's (not saying that this is what happened here).

It is suprising how many cops either do not know the law (especially if has changed since they finished their schooling) or simply do not think anyone other that cops should be carrying.

There is a guy near me that has a lawsuit going because he was arrested for trespassing in a public park because he was carrying. This was despite the fact that he has the proper permit to carry and state law specifically says you are allowed to carry in a public park.

There is an entire organization in Virginia, the VCDL, that exists because of things like this. Their mission is to teach the cops the actual laws, which they don't know and don't want to know most of the time - they'd rather assume that what they think IS the law. It's done some good work out here. People were getting arrested for open carry where it was legal, all sorts of idiot things, especially in northern VA where it is a bit out of place socially. They'd have a meeting in the taco shop or something, and some woman would dial 911 and say "there's people in here with guns" and hang up - stuff like that, which has produced some problems, particularly for non members (Members get a card with the laws on it, and by now, the cops know not to mess with VCDL people anyway).

The other major thing VCDL does is get laws against guns taken off the books, most of them are illegal as they are trying to preempt federal laws already in place. Things like open carry in parks and such, many municipalities try to make illegal, but public is public, and no you can't.

The thing is, in these encounters - the cop goes in knowing you have a gun, and that scares them. Scared cops aren't nice to be around, as they have a license to shoot you - but you don't have one the other way.
Most of the guns they encounter indeed are intended to shoot them with, so as long as we are in the minority....they haven't got used to the idea that we are the good guys.

VCDL also teaches how to "disarm" situations psychologically, when you've got a very frightened cop, useful. And you have to do it just so - they are prone to shout freeze and put your hands up. You cannot do both! Stuff like that to calm them down is very useful knowledge.

... What makes it worse is when one of these "because I can" a-holes decides to be a jerk to LEO's (not saying that this is what happened here).

"Contempt of cop" is not a real crime.

Back
Top Bottom