The well goes in next week

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
So, the well guy put in the permit application and we're going to try for next week. Of course this presumes the local authorities don't challenge the location or something stupid. I got a variance to place it closer than 10 feet from the property line, but only because I have a very cool neighbor. It will go about three feet off of the fence line and live in a little dog house we have built for it. I have yet to set it up for solar power, but I have the panels and batteries, we just need to get it configured.

We're thinking about simply getting a 24V DC pump so we can use conditioned power directly from the battery bank, but boy howdy are those things fookin expensive.

Anyhow, pretty soon now we'll have a nice deep well that will settle in about thirty feet below the start of the water table, and it will deliver me 60degree water that has been filtered through eighty five or ninety feet of sand.

Sweet!

I am also looking at possibly building a pre-cooler for our A/C using a radiator set-up and pumped water. I have read a lot of stuff on-line and have seen some pretty sophisticated stuff and some pretty jungle rigged stuff. I don't want a Cadillac, but I don't want a Yugo either.

Yes, I am ahving a siamese connection with dual backflow preventers. Once the well goes in, I will be able to hand pump or electrically pump. My well is expected to have a small natural head with pressure of something like 3 - 5 psi, so there is no need to prime [thank God!].

Very sweet ancona. Enjoy the water! Oh, and I am jealous (in a good way).:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom