Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Library > Marketplace

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #21
Bru
n00b

Liked: 2 times
APMEX is tops on customer service and their shipping charges are nasty, all as noted above. One thing I don't believe was mentioned above though is that they carry a truly extraordinary inventory which is second to none. If you're looking for some pieces to fill holes in a bullion series you're working on, APMEX is frequently the place to go. If they don't have what you need, the only hope left is often eBay.
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #22
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2444 times
Originally Posted by Aubuy View Post:
There has been a terrible tornado strike near Oklahoma City today and I think that is where APMEX is located.
Yes, that is where Apmex's vault facility is located:

http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f13/physi...html#post16258

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #23
Golden Cockroach

Apmex's facilities were not hit:
Quote :
Kasey: Thank you for contacting APMEX. My name is Kasey, how may I help you?

pmbug: Hi Kasey, I just wanted to ask if Apmex was affected in any way by the recent tornado in OKC? I hope all Apmex personnel in OKC are OK.

Kasey: Thank you for checking on us. Our offices weren't actually hit, but we do have several employees that had serious damage to their homes.

pmbug: Glad to hear no one was hurt. Best regards to the employees who's homes were damaged. Peace.

Kasey: Thank you, i will pass on your well wishes.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
Fly on the wall

Liked: 31 times
Originally Posted by Bru View Post:
APMEX is tops on customer service and their shipping charges are nasty, all as noted above.

the only hope left is often eBay.
APMEX has a storefront on E-bay. The prices seem to mirror the standalone site within a few cents, but the shipping is more competitive. $4.95 vs $12.99 on the APMEX site. They also combine shipping, so you save a little more. The trade-off is that the selection is limited to more popular items.

From the e-bay home page, go to collectibles and you'll see APMEX bullion center.
benjamen likes this.
Cybrsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #25
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 95 times
I found a cool feature on Apmex today. I've been out of the metals game for a few months now, so I logged in to stack a little today. When I logged in, I noticed that under my profile, they now track with a graph the amount of metals you have, the dollar amount invested and your current dollar value of all the metal you have purchased through them. It would definitely save a little time on the calculator.
HCA1961 likes this.
dali lambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #26
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by dali lambone View Post:
I found a cool feature on Apmex today. I've been out of the metals game for a few months now, so I logged in to stack a little today. When I logged in, I noticed that under my profile, they now track with a graph the amount of metals you have, the dollar amount invested and your current dollar value of all the metal you have purchased through them. It would definitely save a little time on the calculator.
wow! I didn't know that existed! I've "made" 27.64 this month!!!! Wooo-Hooo. This month is the only time I've ever bought from them.... hear that NSA
dali lambone likes this.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #27
Golden Cockroach

I just got an email from Apmex about a customer loyalty club:

Quote :
Your loyalty means the world to us, and APMEX Club shows our appreciation with tangible benefits. These benefits can include free shipping, discounted storage, advanced notice of promotions and much more. Better still, membership is free. You become a member with your first purchase. ...
http://www.apmex.com/APMEXClub?&RILT...n=APMEX%20Club

I've heard that Apmex has offered perks to customers who buy a lot before, but no one has ever been able to quantify what was needed to get those perks (as far as I've seen in forums anyway). Looks like Apmex is now publicizing a formal program for it.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
Jay
Yellow Jacket

I get this as a pop-up;

http://giftcards4you.com-1b.info/n18...&target=apmex*

the survey is five minutes for the 100 dollar gift card. They sent the pin number to my phone. The last step was for them to instal some software into my toolbar, at which time I decided to terminate the free 100 dollar offer.

edited to add, actually my sons phone. I don't have a phone.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #29
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by PMBug View Post:
I just got an email from Apmex about a customer loyalty club:

http://www.apmex.com/APMEXClub?&RILT...n=APMEX%20Club

I've heard that Apmex has offered perks to customers who buy a lot before, but no one has ever been able to quantify what was needed to get those perks (as far as I've seen in forums anyway). Looks like Apmex is now publicizing a formal program for it.
I get an email notification every day from them about what ever sale they are having, even though I have only made three purchases, and for less than a total 2000 dollars.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #30
Jay
Yellow Jacket

here's todays'...

http://www.apmex.com/product/50038/1...aign=Promotion
Old 11-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #31
n00b

Liked: 2 times
Originally Posted by Bru View Post:
APMEX is tops on customer service and their shipping charges are nasty, all as noted above. One thing I don't believe was mentioned above though is that they carry a truly extraordinary inventory which is second to none. If you're looking for some pieces to fill holes in a bullion series you're working on, APMEX is frequently the place to go. If they don't have what you need, the only hope left is often eBay.

I think APMEX is working hard on the shipping charges. Every times, I called them I complained about the shipping costs. LOL. They finally implemented a program whereby, if you ordered a lot of coins from them, they will give you a good shipping price. For example, if you are a gold member, you will pay only $9.95 on all your orders, and anything over 5K, get free shipping.
Aubuy likes this.

Last edited by steve0791; 11-28-2013 at 10:13 PM.
steve0791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #32
Ground Beetle

Liked: 502 times
Finally placed an order with APMEX, got here very fast. Only ordered some junk silver and some of the tubes from various monster box tubes to store stuff, so I hope if I do end up buying ASE's, CSM's etc. that the service will be just as good.

Last edited by 11C1P; 03-06-2014 at 03:13 PM.
11C1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #33
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
Well, their vig is high, but you sure can't complain about anything else on these guys. They've treated me right.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #34
Ground Beetle

Placed 2 more orders with them recently, all without a hitch. BTW those America the beautiful boxes make nice little storage boxes. Using one to store my odd 22LR rounds that are either laying on a floor board, bottom of a range bag or the last couple rounds of a box taking up space on the shelf. Plastic with a tight lid keeps it from spilling quite nicely.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #35
Ground Beetle

Seems now APMEX is starting with some shenanigans. Placed an order on Wed.(Dec 3rd) morning. They show it shipping that evening via USPS. 11 minutes later it shows it as being picked up. I emailed them Friday morning to ask what the deal was as I don't live anywhere near Oklahoma and certainly didn't pick it up, or authorize anyone to pick it up. They still have not responded to me.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #36
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by Jay View Post:
I get this as a pop-up;

http://giftcards4you.com-1b.info/n18...&target=apmex*

the survey is five minutes for the 100 dollar gift card. They sent the pin number to my phone. The last step was for them to instal some software into my toolbar, at which time I decided to terminate the free 100 dollar offer.

edited to add, actually my sons phone. I don't have a phone.
neglected to update this, taking this survey added a recurring 9.95 a month charge to my sons phone bill (which I had removed). I thought this was kinda shady... (or maybe I was my fault for wanting a 100 dollar gift card)
Old 12-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #37
Banned

Liked: 0 times
About Apmex complaints

Originally Posted by dali lambone View Post:
You know, I've purchased a substantial amount of physical from apmex. Never had a problem at all as well, and any time I've had questions, the staff did a great job of answering. The only place I've found that was a little cheaper (though I'm sure there are plenty out there, they are just unknown to me) is Gainesville coins, but honestly, I don't mind paying a little extra for the peace of mind that apmex's custormer service provides. Their buyback price is always listed with every item before you ever add it to your cart.
I have come across different reviews claiming that Apmex is not the best precious metals dealer out there.Here is one of them http://bestpreciousmetaltobuy.com/apmex-review/ With that said,the company still has a worrying number of complaints on the BBB site,but I will not forget that this company has a very large customer base which will seem natural not to appeal properly to all of their customers .
primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #38
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 870 times
Hi primer, welcome aboard.

Whats your story and what brings you here ?
Old 12-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #39
Ground Beetle

Originally Posted by rblong2us View Post:
Hi primer, welcome aboard.

Whats your story and what brings you here ?
Methinks spam.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #40
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 870 times
Originally Posted by 11C1P View Post:
Methinks spam.
yeah I know

but I have been a bit quick off the mark in the past, so it seems only fair to give possible spammers a chance.