has anyone bought from golddirect.com?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Has anyone bought from golddirect.com? Looks like they have good prices, but I'm wary, cautious and paranoid- especially when they have disclaimers like:

"GoldDirect specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for orders placed via our online order entry system, for any loses or direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages which you may recognize or incur as a result of the use of our online order entry system."

Srsly, what does that even mean? To me, it translates to "we reserve the right to rob you."

GoldDirect's disclaimer sure sounds alot like Goldmart's disclaimer. Once burned twice shy.

Pretty sure the intent of that is to protect them from situations where the online ordering system fails to work properly (server crash, database corruption, etc.) and you miss out on buying at the price you wanted.

I have not bought anything from them before.

I'd really like to try them. Their silver kilo bars are $300 cheaper then my regular dealer, but I can't afford to take a chance on a place nobody has tested.

Last edited:
Now I see the prices listed do not include VAT. After VAT, they're about the same as my regular dealer.

Blah. Knew it was too good to be true.

Back
Top Bottom