Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Library > Marketplace

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #21
Ground Beetle

Liked: 504 times
Yeah, it's too bad cause they make a lot of nice stuff that I was willing to pay more than I should for it.
11C1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #22
Ground Beetle

They need to do like I did to finally get my silver. Report it to your CC company as fraud. Once I did that, they shipped it in less than a week. The shipping method they used took another week+, but at least I could see it was in route to me, even if it was ever so slow.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #23
Ground Beetle

There have been a bunch of commercials lately for these guys, of course talking about how "real" investors trust them for their purchases, blah blah blah. Every time one comes on, I'm afraid one of my eyeballs is going to come out from rolling so far back in my head. What a joke that place is.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:50 AM   #24
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2454 times
Quote :
Northwest Territorial Mint, a Federal Way company that sells precious metals and produces medals and medallions, filed for Chapter 11 protection Friday, a month after the company and its owner were hit with large jury verdicts in a defamation case.
The company’s filing says it has more than 200 unsecured creditors, and its assets and liabilities both exceed $10 million. Its biggest listed debts are a $7 million judgment in favor of the businessman, Bradley Steven Cohen, and a $5.5 million judgment in favor of his firm, Cohen Asset Management, both classified as disputed.

The defamation suit claimed Northwest Territorial Mint and Hansen created anonymous websites that compared Cohen to Bernard Madoff, the Wall Street broker convicted of a massive Ponzi scheme. The lawsuit claimed the animosity stemmed from litigation by an affiliate of Cohen’s firm, which had been the mint’s landlord at an Auburn warehouse.

The federal judge’s order in the defamation case indicates the judgments against Northwest Territorial Mint and Hansen total $37 million.
http://www.seattletimes.com/business...cy-protection/

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:34 PM   #25
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 42 times
Northwest Territorial’s former owner, Ross Hansen, seems to be blaming the bankruptcy on a defamation lawsuit that he and his firm recently lost.

The judgment was $38.3 million in total and the court ordered Hansen to pay $12.5 million promptly. He filed for bankruptcy protection instead.

The libel damages stem from a website Hansen created apparently to wage a campaign comparing a former landlord to infamous Ponzi scheme operator Bernie Madoff. He and the former landlord apparently had some disagreements.

Ironically, it appears Hansen is the one who may have something in common with Madoff. At a creditor’s meeting last week, trustee Calvert said, “Based on our analysis to date, the bullion sale of operations have attributes of a Ponzi scheme."

https://www.moneymetals.com/news/201...scandal-000870
PMBug likes this.
singleshot is offline   Reply With Quote