Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Library > Marketplace

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #21
Fly on the wall

Liked: 39 times
I have on at least one occasion chucked out packaging (with beans and newspaper) containing bits of the thing I had ordered, partly because I forgot exactly what I had ordered (usually electronic parts of some sort) and it had taken too long to arrive, and partly because the items were small and light enough to get lost in the packing stuff.

2x 10oz bars is a good portion of a Kilo, which is quite a lot of mass to confuse with packing - I salute the guy for owning up to such a mistake :-)

Maybe it was that special tunnel vision you get when focusing way too much on one thing with strong expectations (in this case, ripping open a box to get at PMs), oblivious to seemingly obvious facts. Like 'don't throw boxes away until searched'. My biggest and best blunders were achieved in this sort of state.

Still, this one deserves 1st place in the PM blunder hall of fame IMO.
ancona likes this.
h4rdware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #22
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 882 times
Thank you Provient

A completely rational explanation that fits all the facts.
Pity PMD victim didnt simply point out the cause of the misunderstanding.

And good to learn how much trouble you go to to ensure your side of the deal is fully honoured.

All yr used packaging rblong2us (-:
Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
Fly on the wall

Liked: 39 times
Hehe rb2 - maybe the ex-packaging recycling business has hidden benefits
h4rdware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #24
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 98 times
I just don't see how before someone accuses someone of ripping them off they don't dump out the entire box w/ packaging to double check. Thats a lot of metal and some harsh accusations to throw around w.o dumping out the entire contents of the package first.
white&yellow999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #25
Fly on the wall

Liked: 53 times
I think this thread should be deleted. It serves no purpose and has a bad smell to it.
11C1P likes this.
Island_Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2456 times
To the contrary, I think it reflects a strong picture of professionalism for Provident Metals.
ancona likes this.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
n00b

Liked: 7 times
Originally Posted by Provident Metals View Post:
Many times, when customers have a problem with a company (whether perceived or real), they may be quick to overreact, if they feel they got the short end of the stick. This is why we've come up with policies and a framework, with which we are able to protect the interests of our customers as well as our own. Our policies include video taping every package that comes in or goes out of our facilities, as well as other proprietary means of identifying and locating products and packages. In this case, we were able to confirm that this package was shipped in its entirety to the customer. The customer called us upon receipt and stated that we didn't ship two 10 oz bars. Fortunately, we had HD video evidence of the packaging of the full order, which lead us to believe the missing silver bars were probably still in the discarded box. We asked that he check his packaging again being this is the #1 cause of mix-ups; simple misplacement of items while opening the package. Understandably, the customer was upset. And we can't blame him... If we thought a vendor was stiffing us for 20 ounces of silver, we wouldn't be very happy either. This is when he wrote his first post.

After a week, he wrote us back to let us know that he had found the bars; while dropping the packing peanuts into the garbage, two silver bars and the packing slip also fell into the trash can. It was an unfortunate mistake, and one that he owned up to, and for which he apologized profusely. This is a mistake that happens more often than you would think. It took a lot of courage to own up to his mistake, and extend a hand of fellowship, as well as apologize to us, for which we are greatly appreciative. We would hope that all our customers would give us feedback when we do something right, and especially when we do something wrong. We do stand up and take full responsibility when we have made a mistake in the past. Here at Provident Metals, we ALWAYS do our very best to be the People's Bullion Provider, and a large part of that is making sure we live up to our obligations of top notch customer service. In the end we're just glad PMDV found his silver and was pleased with our efforts in a tough situation.

Kind regards,
Provident Metals
Provident Metals has been very professional and understanding in my case and gracefully accepted my apology. The error was MINE and I will do what is right and stand up and take my licks if necessary. I WILL continue to do business with them and hope to have a long and profitable relations with them in the future. They do seem to have the best prices and a huge selection.
Sincerely,
Dave Neal, formerly PM Victim (DUH!)
rblong2us likes this.
PMD Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:52 AM   #28
Yellow Jacket

Respect to you Dave and good that it all ended well.

Reckon youve done Provident Metals some good by sharing the problem.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #29
n00b

Originally Posted by h4rdware View Post:
I have on at least one occasion chucked out packaging (with beans and newspaper) containing bits of the thing I had ordered, partly because I forgot exactly what I had ordered (usually electronic parts of some sort) and it had taken too long to arrive, and partly because the items were small and light enough to get lost in the packing stuff.

2x 10oz bars is a good portion of a Kilo, which is quite a lot of mass to confuse with packing - I salute the guy for owning up to such a mistake :-)

Maybe it was that special tunnel vision you get when focusing way too much on one thing with strong expectations (in this case, ripping open a box to get at PMs), oblivious to seemingly obvious facts. Like 'don't throw boxes away until searched'. My biggest and best blunders were achieved in this sort of state.

Still, this one deserves 1st place in the PM blunder hall of fame IMO.
Oh Keyriste! Here goes. I live in an OFF-GRID (4 miles from any power line of telephone line) house on 163 acres, at 9500 feet in the mountains of Colorado. Anyone who has been here understands... STATIC! Those foam peanuts will stick to your hand and you could try to throw a 90 mph fast ball and the damn things will still be clinging to your hand. Thus my effort to dump the crazy things in the trash without touching them. I rested the open box on the edge of the trash can under the island cook-top and tried my best to dump the pesky peanuts into the trash. That prevented me from feeling the weight of the 2 bars, in their envelope, along with the peanuts, as they left the box and feel into the trash can. Their weight was sufficient to make them fall to the BOTTOM of the trash can liner. When I found only three bars in the remaining envelope, I immediately went back to the trash but only found the light-weight peanuts. A few days later when I took the trash from the kitchen to the garage to place it in a larger trash can, I heard a very distinctive clunk as I sat the trash liner on the garage floor. Dug to the bottom of the trash can liner and there they were. Embarrassed, you bet. But ready to make things right. Now you know the story, satisfied?
PMBug and h4rdware like this.

Last edited by PMD Victim; 04-04-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #30
n00b

Liked: 0 times
If we can believe them.

I will be ordering from Provident soon and tell you if I get my silver. If Gold falls more I can get a gold coin.

Read other reviews Provident gets a high grade.
svfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #31
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Thanks for clearing it up Dave.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
Yellow Jacket

sounds like a good setup Dave

what are you doing for power, comms and water?

and what do you do with the 163 acres at 9500 ft ?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #33
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
I vote that we allow PMDVictim to change their name and start over fresh. However, I agree with Bug that this thread should stay.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #34
n00b

Originally Posted by rblong2us View Post:
sounds like a good setup Dave

what are you doing for power, comms and water?

and what do you do with the 163 acres at 9500 ft ?
Set out to build a legacy house in a quiet, beautiful place where important conversation about life and death could be made without the insane distractions of the urban environment. The Big Adventure just went to far over budget and I'm wanting to retire. It's on the market, regrettably, but I'm ready to spend everyday with my incredible wife of 37 years. She and I built about 55% of this place and it has not been easy. Any of you guys out there have a woman that digs dirt, ties re bar, pours concrete, frames. does drywall, plumbing, electrical, cuts, hauls, splits and stacks firewood by the chord, the list goes on and on and she is beautiful... you are one of the few very blessed as I am. Had to spend a dime or two on comms equipment to draw a very weak signal, boost it and broadcast it throughout the house for phone. TV and computer are satellite. Power comes from a very nice Outback solar system with a 1k wind generator to trickle the batteries overnight in the short winter days. 12 KW Kohler propane generator for backup and reserve.system. Though I'd do some hunting but I lost the heart for it watching 5 young bull elk scratch through two feet of snow for a blade of grass to eat. Now I just thankful to enjoy seeing them. They are magnificent and powerful creatures. Tons of wildlife to enjoy, muleys out the wazoo, mountain lion, bobcats, golden eagles, you name it. Our place is named for a huge 600+ pound cinnamon bear. Look for The Cinnamon Bear Ranch online. Located in Guffey, CO. Beautiful, peaceful piece of heaven.
rblong2us likes this.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #35
Yellow Jacket

oh man thats all just so wrong
a great story with a rubbish ending

Is there no way you can downsize your ambitions and live in somewhat less than you had planned ?
You have both clearly put in all you had, physically, emotionally and financially.

I am amazed at how little space i actually need to live really well. The only thing i would improve, would be a source of heat in the workshop / toy cupboard.

Weve been indoctrinated into thinking we need 3000 sq ft of living space and all glass walls. We only need this to outdo our 'friendz' and keep the ponzi going ......

It may be that you could be a winner when everything gets reset and your few ounces of silver comes good. Then you could just watch the wildlife forever ....

Please dont give up on your dream !

http://www.landwatch.com/Park-County.../pid/204244450

f**k me Dave that is one beautiful house and location.

Last edited by rblong2us; 04-06-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: looked at house4sale
rblong2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #36
ang
n00b

Provident Metals Joe Merrick Jeremy Denny scamming

Provident Metals
PO Box 325
Lavon, TX 75166
Phone (877) 429-8790
Joe Merrick (31 years old)
Jeremy Denny (30 years old)
Neal Work

Provident Metals is operated by 30 years old owner, Joe Merrick with PO BOX address in Texas.

Their price quote is higher than market price, and does not reflect market price reflections which they refuse to explain.

You will see a lot of complaints against this company that it is actually scamming.

1. they charge false market loss fees when there is no market loss (never purchased)
2. they also charge false market loss ADMIN fees.
3. timing is great. they wait several months until gold price goes down, then demand/extort market loss/admin charges.
4. gold price fluctuate. their policy is to keep gains, but customer pays losses. so they wait several months to see gold price drops, then demand false market losses.

Someone needs to investigate these individuals and company with po box.
ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
Golden Cockroach

Say what? Can you explain your allegations in English - slowly for the peanut gallery?
benjamen likes this.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #38
n00b

Provident Metals Joe Merrick Jeremy Denny scamming

check out joshua merrick's mugshot in video
http://goo.gl/5H49M

Provident Metals Scam
Joshua Merrick MUGSHOT
31 M 01-07-2012 Stearns County, MN
http://goo.gl/6gWkU
http://goo.gl/5H49M

Mugshots Online JOSHUA MERRICK Saint Cloud Minnesota
Jan 7, 2012 – Charges. CRIM AGNST ADMN JUST-MS-OBST LEGAL PROCESS / OBSTRUCT LEGAL PROCESS-MS

Provident Precious Metals, LLC P.O. Box 325. Lavon, TX 75166
Provident Metals is operated by 30 years old owner, Joe Merrick with PO BOX address in Texas.
Their price quote is higher than market price, and does not reflect market price reflections which they refuse to explain.
You will see a lot of complaints against this company that it is actually scamming.
1. they charge false market loss fees when there is no market loss (never purchased)
3. timing is great. they wait several months until gold price goes down, then demand/extort market loss/admin charges.
4. gold price fluctuate. their policy is to keep gains, but customer pays losses. so they wait several months to see gold price drops, then demand false market losses.

OK I talked to Joe again and he will consider giving you the $119 market loss if you will allow him to explain Provident's policy. He understands you might be frustrated if you somehow missed it, and that is the only reason he is considering it. What time are you free to talk to him?

Josh Merrick

Well, I talked to him and I think he is going to be sending you the $119. The only thing is he wants to explain what happened over the phone. Is that possible?

Josh Merrick
josh merrick

provident metals scam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #39
Super Moderator

Liked: 685 times
Horray, we have been spammed by the same person using two different accounts!

Someone really has an axe to grind with Provident!
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #40
Golden Cockroach

Originally Posted by benjamen View Post:
Horray, we have been spammed by the same person using two different accounts!
And "John Smith" is spamming the heck out of YouTube too. This is prettly lame IMO. If there is "scam", the fraud should be prosecuted in court. If there are unfair business practices (but not fraud), have the courage to explain clearly and completely what the issue is. All I see from here is some anonymous poseur in Chicago spamming the web with unintelligible accusations.

ang / "provident metals scam" / "John Smith" - if you can't defend your actions with a clear and full explanation, I'll be deleting your posts shortly.