Because I can

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I just listened to Valentina Lisitsa play Franz Liszt "don Juan", and I was sufficiently impressed to post a link to this magnificent piece. I only posted the second movement, so when you pull it up, on the right side you will probably see the first movement.

As old timers know, I have a fetish for piano sonatas, so I promise you will not be disappointed!!:judge::wave:

Last edited:
Ancona,

Anything I try to say about Valentina Lisitsa's amazing ability, would be a GROSS understatement . . . Thanks again for giving us another link to one of her piano pieces.

That was really nice. Hard for me to understand how folks develop the talent for playing with such rythm/grace with both hands (right & left) independently.

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm just the delivery boy. I can [and have] listen to her play for hours on end. This past weekend it rained all day Saturday, so I sat back in my barcolounger and put the 'ol earphones on. I found a half a dozen more pieces by Valentina and they're all absolutely enchanting. This girl is as natural a player as Martha Argerich was, and I think she's only getting better with age. Her speed and technical prowess are unmatched in my view. There is a young man named Yvegny Kissin who can give her a run for her money on the speed and "technicals", but he so completely lacks emotion in his playing it's hard for me to listen to more than one piece by him.

Anyhow, if you like, I'll post a piece here and there for you to enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom