Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Penn

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 249 times
Mr.T Bible study-

So- my neighbor and I are part of a small bible study in a private home. The lady who hosts it- gets nothing in terms of money- each week someone brings a snack for after it.

I try to be on my best behavior- no fidgeting- no cell phone- no attitude. ... as I am a guest in a private home.

Each week we study a chapter of the bible sometimes more then one.

We are studying Daniel right now. Which talks of the ills of kings. Needless to say- this leads to talk of our govt and the current election. So one lady said- we might have a Morman as prez. She was disturbed by it. I so wanted to mention Ron Paul. But I am the guest- and the election will end- but our group will go on past the election.

So I shut up.

After that- we went to the kitchen for refreshments.

At that point-- I erupted like a volcano. Locally we are up against a fracting transfer station here- endless trucks already have lessened life here. Our Mayor- I think must have had death threats by the big boys- so he wants 2000 tons of gunk coming into our area- for "jobs"....

I must have got too vocal- because shortly after my rant- everyone left. The good thing is- NO ONE there wants this waste here in Sunbury.

So there you have it- on national issue- I held my tongue- on local issue- I fanned the fires. hmm.
BonkaBill likes this.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 872 times
So you are not based in Australia then Penn ?

im easily confused
Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Liked: 685 times
Time for today's daily WTF did Penn just say questions:
1) Did you erupt in the kitchen about the presidential election or the local politics?
2) What is a fracting transfer station?
3) Do you live near a major road; is that why the trucks are passing so close to you?
4) In this town of Sunburry, what is the "waste" they dont want; Presidential candidate, the mayor, .... ?
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Super Moderator

I am guessing he lives near the former Celotex grounds and does not like the work done by Clean Harbors Environmental Services. I am sure Mayor Persing is getting some major kickbacks to let them build the Marcellus Shale waste processing facility.
Never free.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2449 times
Originally Posted by rblong2us View Post:
So you are not based in Australia then Penn ?

im easily confused
Us Mercans be in your (Aussie) forums, infiltrating 'n stuff.

Originally Posted by benjamen View Post:
Time for today's daily WTF did Penn just say questions: ...
I'll defer to Penn on the details, but the gist of it as I read it is that he felt it improper to discuss national politics in a local social setting (in person), but didn't feel the same restraint discussing a local political issue (natural gas fracking?).

I suspect it's a similar dynamic to what rblong was mentioning in the world's colliding thread.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Yellow Jacket

I had been on the OZ stacker board.
I erupted over local issue- not the election.
I live on a busy street- I can reach out and touch the cars.
PA has 1.5 trillion $ in natural gas- it is a boom- but the drill makes haz waste- they want to truck it here- it is from fracking. Even at 4 am trucks- non stop- and I live on the other side of town- I blew up when they said the plan is for the trucks to come in at the other end of town- I know that they also come in on this end.

The puzzlement here- is the doom of the group over a morman. I did not expect that...
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by benjamen View Post:
I am guessing he lives near the former Celotex grounds and does not like the work done by Clean Harbors Environmental Services. I am sure Mayor Persing is getting some major kickbacks to let them build the Marcellus Shale waste processing facility.
Its true. How do you know this?

And my hunch is not a kick back. I think his life was threatened.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
Yellow Jacket

PM is right- the election will be over in November- the local issue of fracking waste will not be.

BTW- the fish in the river are also sick- no one knows what it is either.. black spots on them. The Susquehanna river is a BIG DEAL here.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
PM is right- the election will be over in November- the local issue of fracking waste will not be.

BTW- the fish in the river are also sick- no one knows what it is either.. black spots on them. The Susquehanna river is a BIG DEAL here.
Unfortunately, PA as a whole is going down hill badly. Fracking waste is horribly polluting that state. Most of the jobs are in the Philly area; too bad that city is becoming VERY corrupt. Do what I did Penn; Leave!
Never free.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
What pisses me off is htat fracking can be done in a significantly cleaner way that does not produce nearly the toxic mess that it does, but since it is slower, it does not pay for one company to do it and hte other not to do it. It is all about money; nothing more and nothing less, so when you try to get in their wallert so to speak, they put up a fight to the death.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Yellow Jacket

A good example- as we left last night- I thought- oh no- my bike is unlocked. See my icon.

Kids were playing ball. I thought- that nice 18 speed wont be there when I get back.

...when I got home- my bike was still here.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 872 times
ive left my bicycle in an open lean too for a couple of years hoping someone would steal it .........
perhaps a lock would send a different message (-;

Last edited by rblong2us; 04-13-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: im 100 today and can do wtf i like
rblong2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
Big-eyed bug

Liked: 199 times
Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
The puzzlement here- is the doom of the group over a morman. I did not expect that...
Watch this 5:23 clip from Dr. Jerry Johnson, called "Why I Will Never Vote For Mitt Romney".

This will help you understand why many evangelical Christians will never support a Mormon in office.

http://againsttheworld.tv/?videos=ag...or-mitt-romney
Jetstream is offline   Reply With Quote