booby trap idea needed

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
next door weed wacked 3 tiger lillies and a blue berry bush all on my property. I want to rig it so his machine gets ruined next time. How do I do this?

So far I planted rose bushes- that has thorns I noted he is too lazy to trim a bush that has thorns on it.

He needs to leave my plants alone. He doesnt even live there. He is going to rent it out again.

Can I borrow a land mine?

How about a fence or garden/weed barrier edging?

Booby traps are highly illegal. Here in Florida we have a plant called Spanish Bayonet, which has long, stiff "leaves" tipped with horrific sharp, stiff spines that are needle sharp. The leaves themselves are also saw-toothed on the edges. Anyway, folks used to plant them under windows as a sort of crime deterrent. However, if you fall in to one it is excruciatingly painful since it's like falling on a pile of knives. This was made illegal to propagate for sale a long time ago. There is an actual underground market for these things now, and they are expensive. although they will not grow well in your climate, perhaps some sort of sticker bush would do. Down here we use Spanish Bayonet and Bougainvillea, which will straight up fuck a man up if he gets tangled up in it. While it is beautiful to look at, it sucks to fall in to one.

My rose bushes on that side of teh yard are doing better then I thought they would.

It seems like roses might be the way to go. I cant afford a fence. I could also have a talk with this guys wife. He prefers I go thru him - but his wife sort of likes me- and she loves what I done with my yard.

I have made considerable progress on bringing the brush/weeds up to code.

I have made no progress on getting high speed internet.

... I cant afford a fence. ...

Well, you only need a few large rocks or bricks/paving stones to make a little edging around the plants. But talking to the neighbor might just be crazy enough to work. ;)

Exactly how big is this flower bed? For like $5 you can get about 10-12 feet of nice looking wiring at walmart. It's specifically designed to keep people and pets from touching your plants.

My wife and I planted 3 bushes in the front and while the ground was still fresh, people walking their dogs would let them piss on the new bushes. It was enough to cause one of the plants to start dying so we put up the wiring to send a message that we didn't want them doing that and they got the picture.

A small little fence will do the job and should be less expensive than buying a land mine.

I could also have a talk with this guys wife. He prefers I go thru him - but his wife sort of likes me- and she loves what I done with my yard.

Far better way to deal with neighbour issues if its still possible to talk to them.

Why do you presume I have not talked to him?

I told him several times. This is an ongoing action of his- to cut down my plants.

He is a cocky gaurd at the prison. He got so vocal at city meetings they banned him from them. I dont know why you would think I did not talk to him.

I have told him many times. He and his tentants damage my property often- thus far I have not sent him a bill-- but that is going to change.

He does what he wants. When the power company moved the power line for my house- he ripped out the wood steak. He told me he did not want the power company moving the power pole because his car door would hit it when he got out of the car. I filed a complaint with PPL over my power being taken down by trucks that hit the pole. As a result- PPL moved the pole. However they did not have his permission to move it- and he started to sabotage their survey work- that ensued - as a means to complete the moving of it.

I think a bunch of steaks around my blue berry bushes might help. I spent about $100 on my yard this year alone. I dont spend it so that someone who doesnt own my property can wreck it.

His tenant took a sledge hammer to my water pipe that comes in my house and cracked it. He told me to tell the water company some kids were riding their bikes and fell.

Did I suggest you had not talked to your nasty neighbour ?

Thought I was just agreeing with you that this was the best way, if it was still available ........

Ah forums , dont you just love em )-:

I am sorry. I dont want to alienate you or the others.

Back
Top Bottom