cams for every cop? rant

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Obama orders all cops to have cams. Umm- no. I think this should be a local thing.

Imagine how happy the cam makers are now- they have a forced customer.

He wants to de-mil police- but this is the same centralized govt that mil the police in the first place.

problem -reaction -solution.

So now- tax payers will be stuck on a one size fits all- mandate to buy cameras. Even if they are not necessary.

Cheer leaders for this- rah rah- we need more mandates- the king has spoken.

So we reached 18 tril now in debt.

PMs- for me -now close to a wash. So 5 years - and I am now a wash. Maybe I was wrong to buy them.

The world is messed up.

ALex Jones- is getting nuttier- he said the boycott black friday thing-run by a rich white guy. Since when it planning purchases- a bad thing? I do not owe anyone to shop.

Everything is a mind fkkk!

Fergossin- I seen a fire or so- was set by off duty police. Now a bosnian was killed. oath keepers kicked out-- nothing makes sense.

what a carnival ride.

The media lies to us- black friday was it- you had to do it- now they say sales were down. But- wait-- they came at us like the 2nd coming of Christ were these sales.

They lie to us. Every lie- and then the lie is a lie- what a nut show!

but- yeah- King Obama- can command the tax payer to spend billions on cameras! (BETTER THEN BULLET PROOF vests I take it.)

long live the king!

18 tril. pms a wash. fkk me.

I don't believe that the Federal Gov should be enforcing mandates on local popo, but local popo being on camera at all times while on duty would be a very good thing in helping keep them honest. Until such time as the courts start holding them personally accountable for their actions (misdeeds - and good luck getting past qualified immunity), something like this is necessary. The thin blue line is real. Police unions protect the bad apples like the church used to protect pedophiles in their midst.

I don't think there is any sort of mandate or fed law requiring it, it's just giving agencies money specifically for the purchase of the body cams, they don't have to take it. I agree that they would be a good thing. It's funny, nearly 20 years ago when I was a corrections officer I started carrying an audio recorder so I could record what inmates were saying as the office workers could NEVER believe that those nice inmates they see cleaning their offices would say such things. I only wore it for a few weeks before I was told I had to take it off because other STAFF were complaining I might "catch" them on audio. I remember telling the Capt. shouldn't that trouble them even more that staff are concerned about getting "caught" saying something they don't want the admin. to hear? One of many reasons I'm glad to be out of L.E. entirely.

Maybe a $40 surcharge on each ticket to pay for it.

Lets not fry the tax payer over it.

11c, locally we have stopped accepting every grant that comes along. We find that some of them simply are not cost efficcient to accept.

I read- the cameras have to be turned on. So- if you have to grab your gun fast- do you hit record or do you grab the gun?

They dont know enough about cams yet- to know if they work.

Now the choking death is ok- NY over the cigarette. Eric G.

In general mandates cost money and that cost is passed onto us.

It floors me how blacks think the system should pay for every single thing- well who and what is the system. When you drive down the street -someone is paying for the street lights to be on. When my tax bill comes- 2 of the mils are for servicing the debt.

>>. the county isnt going to raise taxes- so yay- we will see - a hit from the city- the sewer bill and the school

Well, someone's up early today.

As far as the body cams go, there are upsides as well as downsides. For one down side, all video can be deleted or edited, we see this all the time on MSM when they selectively edit something to change the context of what someone said.

Unless they wirelessly transmitted to some disinterested third party, one that the cops had no name or address for, then there is way too much room for game playing.

I agree.

Oh- my day and my night is mixed up. I sleep during the day and am up at night. It is kind of nice being up when the world is asleep.

The 911 tapes went missing- when ever there is a significant event those tapes are seized.

Recall my complaints about cameras in this town-- the costs are a scam. Not so much for the camera itself- but the software. We only paid for 5 years of it. It is way more expensive then it should be.

..but this from the same region that spent 12 million $ to catch a cop killer- eric friegn- who would have come out of the woods anyway for supplies at some point...

Back
Top Bottom