Curiosities along Interstate 95

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

I am back from my long (2500 miles of driving in 12 days) "SMS Trip", which was a huge personal success for me. All of this trip was along or near I-95 (apparently the world's most traveled highway, running from Maine to South Florida). I visited with 17 people in the twelve days I was gone, visiting with people is a little rarer for me than it probably is for most of you. My article on Bethune, SC was perhaps the highlight of the trip, but I took some fun pictures along the way:

-- "Who is that guy"? (Georgia)

-- All five WHAT? (Georgia)

-- A derelict gas station that long ago had the "Classic Southern Restroom" (South Carolina)

-- Perhaps the world's most notorious "tourist trap" -- and a very famous financial guy lived and worked a summer job there! (Hint: a central wanker we all have heard of...) (South Carolina)

-- One of the few signs where I see the same number used for two different highways (I-74 and US Highway 74) (North Carolina)

"I-95 Curiosities"

http://goo.gl/EGDWxd

Highly recommend to those who think that I-95 is "the world's most boringest highway"..., you just have to be attentive!

Back
Top Bottom