Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 249 times
Liberty dealing with the elderly-

shirley is going for another MRI.

I detect she is becoming depressed- (age 79)

The ear dr may have detected a tumor in her ear.

Some times it is hard to talk to her because the 1st thing she hears is often wrong- when you hear something wrong even if it is corrected- it is planted in the mind.

This is her 4th or 5th MRI this year.

Not sure when or how to tell her to pull yourself together.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
At 79, she's too old to change or take advice from a whippersnapper. Just be there for her, man.

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
5 MRI's in one year!?!? That is a hell of a lot of radiation my friend. In fact, too many MRI's can cause other problems that did not exist before. Every time I go to the dentist he wants another panoramic X-ray, but I calmly tell him NO MORE Radiation! I ask for prophylactic antibiotics [which I add to my preps] and come back in five days to have the work performed. So far, my guy has been cooperative.

*Edit*
Actually, I have found that dentists will nearly always give you antibiotics if you tell them that you had a little "blister" at the base of a tooth and you have pain. I take the antibiotics and tylenol with codeine and stack them along with the rest of my medical preps. One of the PMBug members kindly sent me some GREAT instruments and clamps that are also a part of my preps, although I have been slow in sending some of them, to Big Jim, I am now self-reminded to do so.

Last edited by ancona; 11-19-2012 at 10:15 AM.
ancona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
I also refuse x-rays at the dentist. *hi 5*

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Yellow Jacket

her hip- her adrenal gland and now her head.

I hope she has some good days soon- because when she is out of it- she is a drag.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
Magnetic Resonance Imaging does not involve X rays or ionizing radiation like a pet or cat scan does.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by DCFusor View Post:
Magnetic Resonance Imaging does not involve X rays or ionizing radiation like a pet or cat scan does.
I understand the current great helium shortage is going to have a major effect on MRIs.

Helium shortage could affect MRIs
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x471274468
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
5 MRI's in one year!?!? That is a hell of a lot of radiation my friend. In fact, too many MRI's can cause other problems that did not exist before. Every time I go to the dentist he wants another panoramic X-ray, but I calmly tell him NO MORE Radiation! I ask for prophylactic antibiotics [which I add to my preps] and come back in five days to have the work performed. So far, my guy has been cooperative.

*Edit*
Actually, I have found that dentists will nearly always give you antibiotics if you tell them that you had a little "blister" at the base of a tooth and you have pain. I take the antibiotics and tylenol with codeine and stack them along with the rest of my medical preps. One of the PMBug members kindly sent me some GREAT instruments and clamps that are also a part of my preps, although I have been slow in sending some of them, to Big Jim, I am now self-reminded to do so.
here is some useful antibiotic information, with the exception of the shelf life. He says antibiotics should be used by expiration date, which doesn't seem to be true (with the exception of tetracycline)
http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/...hem_guide.html

expiration dates and a doctors thoughts on survival:
http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/07/..._antibiot.html

I have purchased FishMox online relatively cheaply (my koi get pneumonia alot)

excuse me if I've posted this before. I have brain damage and can't remember shit.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Yellow Jacket

Why do woman insist to know what is in a guys head?

Can I think about absolutely nothing? Why does something have to be an ordeal when it just is the way it is?