dealing with the elderly-

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
shirley is going for another MRI.

I detect she is becoming depressed- (age 79)

The ear dr may have detected a tumor in her ear.

Some times it is hard to talk to her because the 1st thing she hears is often wrong- when you hear something wrong even if it is corrected- it is planted in the mind.

This is her 4th or 5th MRI this year.

Not sure when or how to tell her to pull yourself together.

At 79, she's too old to change or take advice from a whippersnapper. Just be there for her, man.

5 MRI's in one year!?!? That is a hell of a lot of radiation my friend. In fact, too many MRI's can cause other problems that did not exist before. Every time I go to the dentist he wants another panoramic X-ray, but I calmly tell him NO MORE Radiation! I ask for prophylactic antibiotics [which I add to my preps] and come back in five days to have the work performed. So far, my guy has been cooperative.

*Edit*
Actually, I have found that dentists will nearly always give you antibiotics if you tell them that you had a little "blister" at the base of a tooth and you have pain. I take the antibiotics and tylenol with codeine and stack them along with the rest of my medical preps. One of the PMBug members kindly sent me some GREAT instruments and clamps that are also a part of my preps, although I have been slow in sending some of them, to Big Jim, I am now self-reminded to do so.

Last edited:
her hip- her adrenal gland and now her head.

I hope she has some good days soon- because when she is out of it- she is a drag.

Magnetic Resonance Imaging does not involve X rays or ionizing radiation like a pet or cat scan does.

5 MRI's in one year!?!? That is a hell of a lot of radiation my friend. In fact, too many MRI's can cause other problems that did not exist before. Every time I go to the dentist he wants another panoramic X-ray, but I calmly tell him NO MORE Radiation! I ask for prophylactic antibiotics [which I add to my preps] and come back in five days to have the work performed. So far, my guy has been cooperative.

*Edit*
Actually, I have found that dentists will nearly always give you antibiotics if you tell them that you had a little "blister" at the base of a tooth and you have pain. I take the antibiotics and tylenol with codeine and stack them along with the rest of my medical preps. One of the PMBug members kindly sent me some GREAT instruments and clamps that are also a part of my preps, although I have been slow in sending some of them, to Big Jim, I am now self-reminded to do so.

here is some useful antibiotic information, with the exception of the shelf life. He says antibiotics should be used by expiration date, which doesn't seem to be true (with the exception of tetracycline)
http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/apocalypse/bio_chem_guide.html

expiration dates and a doctors thoughts on survival:
http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/07/a_doctors_thoughts_on_antibiot.html

I have purchased FishMox online relatively cheaply (my koi get pneumonia alot)

excuse me if I've posted this before. I have brain damage and can't remember shit.

Why do woman insist to know what is in a guys head?

Can I think about absolutely nothing? Why does something have to be an ordeal when it just is the way it is?

Back
Top Bottom