DoChen's blog

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Unobtanium

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
DoChen, you have mentioned that you have a blog. Can you post a link to it?

He has indicated that he prefers to keep it private. Please send him a PM for a link.

Unobtanium, yes, just drop me a line and I'll send you the link. Or, if I can figure how to do it, I will send it to you by pmbug's private message.

Everybody Knows

I have written perhaps my most important piece at my blog yet. I believe that Thursday, Nov. 17 will be seen as an important day because so much rot, fraud and corruption became visible as the financial markets all cratered, even the good assets (like gold) were sold to cover losses in bad assets (European bonds).

The rot is everywhere, top to bottom, here and in Europe. I see on PMBug's ticker up there that gold, platinum and palladium are ALL currently down over $40 each per oz.

"Everybody Knows"

Or will. Drop me a message and I will send you the link to my blog.

Hola from Peru!

I just put up a piece at my blog on both the start of my trip here to (now) balmy Peru and talking a bit about FOFOA´s new piece ¨Unambiguous Wealth¨, a most interesting piece that he recently put up. One nice little article covers both Peru and gold!

Here´s FOFOA´s blog site (with his new ¨Unambiguous Wealth¨):

fofoa.blogspot.com

---

Drop me a PM here or ask PMBug how to get to my blog!

(Yes, PMBug, you may direct people to my blog as you see fit)

(Also, PMBug I LIKE some your new emoticons (Flail and Judge) I will try to use them soon!)

Hola del Peru, Parte Dos!

I put up a new piece there at my blog, mostly about some fun stuff I have been through the past couple of days here in Lima. Don´t let the word ´Alchemy´scare you off!

I am having a great time down here. Time for lunch! Eat, eat, eat!

EDIT:

PM me for the link if you are interested.

DoChen

why did you decide to run your blog using your real name ?

I know the feds can track any one of us down but your long running history of pm purchasing (on ZH) and an easy-ish company to track down, with the info youve posted, could potentially put you in someones sights ................

Sort of, the 'e' version of 'Ive got something worth having' ?

I occasionally google my name to see how strong my trail is and its waaaay to big for comfort.

Just gotta try to minimise it, to stay below the radar as much as possible

all yr paranoia rblong2us

How do you know that's his real name? He only says it is...
Yes, there's all too much info on all of us that's now easy to find. But the sipping from the firehose problem still exists for any adversary - there sure are a lot of us.

@ rblong2us

At this point I really don´t much care who knows about me, I do try to keep my name away from the troll-attracting, spy-laden ZH by making it a little bit harder to track me down. Trolls who would go obnoxiously public. No one has!

I had not thought of articulating it as well as DCFusor just did though, in that there is SO MUCH information (fire hose) out there that our .gov pals have enough to worry about, chasing down terrorists, criminals, etc. Except for the ones IN .gov or regulated by same!
A really good example of the fire hose of information problem was a project I tried at my blog. For three days I read almost every article at Zero Hedge, categorized it and rated the content for positive or negative outlook on the subject discussed. It took A LOT of work for me to do the 95 or so articles! Yes, Iknow that our spooky-dude friends have lots of resources, but I am a (FOFOA like) shrimp! I am no threat to anyone...

And any general round-up of gold & gun owners would provide a mess that the Elite does not even want to think about...

I just wrote an article on liberty & freedom vs. the psychopaths there at my blog. They are about 6% of the population and have caused enormous destruction through human history. Because they have ruled humanity for 4000 years.

Psychopaths are getting LOTS of attention now. Rightly so. Read all about it.

Send me a private message if you want the link.

"Thought Experiment" on the value of gold

Today's contribution to my blog is a "Thought Experiment" on how to value gold.

Short version: one of FOFOA's readers posed the question (in the Comments section of his NEW (Weds.) article) of whether the Chinese would trade their $2 trillion Treasuries hoard for our gold "worth" $419 billion...

If you do not have a link to my blog and want to take a look, please send me a private message!

Review of Barron's, Dated 16 January

I review the weekly financial magazine/newspaper Barron's there at my blog. A fun article I promise.

A taste: what did better than the stock picks of all 9 "investment pros" (names like Mark Faber, Bill Gross, Mario Gabelli and Abby J. Cohen)? Gold.

Check it out, or if you want the link, pm me.

Exponential Growth

My new blog article is on Exponential Growth. Most/all of you are up to speed on this, but I take some numbers like 3% (inflation rate, longer term) and 11% (recent post 2007) growth of our national debt and play around with them. To see the ugly things that can happen.

Since my most unfortunate outing there at ZH, I have been rebuilding my email update list (a couple of you are on it already) re my blog.

I wrote (and put up pretty pictures) just now about how the SAILING outing went that we did on Sunday. rblong2us shared great mirth with me about me forgetting my gold... Silly me! No boating accident! Maybe next time!

"PM" me for the link if you want it...

A fringe blogger's rants about our National Debt (reaching $125,000 / taxpayer) and a cool video by NANEX re HFT from 2007 - 2012.

Grrr... "They don't even bother to hide it anymore." I wish I had coined that one.

yeah loved the nanex vid.

kind of wierd how its like a living breathing beastie that grows in size and energy as it feeds off the market.

now does that $ 125k / taxpayer include unfunded liabilities or is that just the current debt ?
I recall in the film IOUSA, the numbers were big but the real scary stuff was the unfunded promises for the future that was clearly unpayable without massive inflation.

$125,000 per taxpayer for current debt only.

A round number I have heard is that including the unfunded liabilities (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.) you get to $70 trillion. So, THAT would work out to some $600,000 / taxpayer. $1,200,000 for my family alone. Yeah, right.

On a positive note, I bought gold today!

I just wrote an article on liberty & freedom vs. the psychopaths there at my blog. They are about 6% of the population and have caused enormous destruction through human history. Because they have ruled humanity for 4000 years.

Psychopaths are getting LOTS of attention now. Rightly so. Read all about it.

Send me a private message if you want the link.

Worth a read.........imo.

Curiously, just a few days ago I attempted to send Do-Chen or bearing as we sometimes called him, a message through this forum .
perhaps I failed to send it as I cannot find evidence of starting this conversation, but sadly no response.
would be good to hear from him .

would be good to hear from him .

I agree!

Last time I communicated with him, he mentioned something about his wife wanting him to curtail his online activities.

Back
Top Bottom