Does any one here belong to Costco?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jay

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Bing got a flyer for a new store opening nearby and wants to join.

Nope. We belong to BJ's price club. It's kind of the same thing though. I joined a few years back and it has saved me some cash.

I recommend it. They only make their money on membership dues so they can keep prices at wholesale. The quality of their food and their in-house brand (Kirkland) is excellent. They are always handing out free food in the aisles while you are shopping so you can almost make a meal out of a shopping trip, and they also have in house hot food service where you can get a cheap meal (hot pizza, hot dogs etc.) or pick up a roasted chicken for dinner. You see lots of people there, enjoying the food, and saving some money. Everyone I know is a member.

My folks drive weekly to the Costco that is ~45 minutes away to do their shopping. They have only good things to say about their experience.

My folks drive weekly to the Costco that is ~45 minutes away to do their shopping. They have only good things to say about their experience.

sounds like we're gonna go/join Friday (our days off)

Costco was a case study for a class in grad school. Essentially they sell you their goods at cost (including labor, overhead, ect). Their only real profit is income from the membership dues.

I am now a member. I try to buy most of my food from local farms, but Costco is good for buying non-perishables in bulk. Coffee, dog food, paper towels, ect. is much cheaper than a grocery store. However, I want to look into comparing them against ordering this stuff from an online vendor and getting it shipped to me.

$.02

i highly recommend doing the $100 executive membership if you do this. I think it means you get 1-3% back (i forget which one) and at the end of the period you get a check. If you didn't spend enough money to get back to what you paid in, they will get you back for the difference between. If you go over the cost of membership, you keep all that. I forget how it works exactly but I know every year, I end up getting a check for a couple hundred bucks and that allows me to pay for another year plus some extra stuff.

Since I have 2 kids.. I am able to take advantage of their deals on toy (really damn good) clothes, diapers and food. I've seen some really nice deals on appliances, computers and jewelry too. Sometimes you find some pretty amazing deals in there.

thanks for that! We are going to wait a week to go because tomorrow is their grand opening and I really don't want to be in the middle of that....

i highly recommend doing the $100 executive membership if you do this. I think it means you get 1-3% back (i forget which one) and at the end of the period you get a check. If you didn't spend enough money to get back to what you paid in, they will get you back for the difference between. If you go over the cost of membership, you keep all that. I forget how it works exactly but I know every year, I end up getting a check for a couple hundred bucks and that allows me to pay for another year plus some extra stuff.

Since I have 2 kids.. I am able to take advantage of their deals on toy (really damn good) clothes, diapers and food. I've seen some really nice deals on appliances, computers and jewelry too. Sometimes you find some pretty amazing deals in there.

You are talking about their executive membership. It costs $110 per year, but you get 2% reward up to $750 per year.

http://www.costco.com/join-costco.html

You can also sign up for their American Express Card and get additional reward money back. Sounds like Costco should consider buying ads on this site because of the fan club here. :cheers:

Belong to sams, we don't have a costco here, but I used to live in a place that did. I won't join due to their anti-gun policy.

didn't realize they were anti-gun...now I'll have to get rid of all my guns....:(

seriously, that sucks.

Here's a few links there are tons more.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...iscussions/140637-costco-firearms-policy.html

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224926

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=196419

costco.jpg

Back
Top Bottom