European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with government

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
A new law proposed by the European Commission would make it illegal to "grow, reproduce or trade" any vegetable seeds that have not been "tested, approved and accepted" by a new EU bureaucracy named the "EU Plant Variety Agency."

It's called the Plant Reproductive Material Law, and it attempts to put the government in charge of virtually all plants and seeds. Home gardeners who grow their own plants from non-regulated seeds would be considered criminals under this law.

The draft text of the law, which has already been amended several times due to a huge backlash from gardeners, is viewable here.

"This law will immediately stop the professional development of vegetable varieties for home gardeners, organic growers, and small-scale market farmers," said Ben Gabel, vegetable breeder and director of The Real Seed Catalogue. "Home gardeners have really different needs - for example they grow by hand, not machine, and can't or don't want to use such powerful chemical sprays. There's no way to register the varieties suitable for home use as they don't meet the strict criteria of the Plant Variety Agency, which is only concerned about approving the sort of seed used by industrial farmers."

http://www.naturalnews.com/040214_seeds_european_commission_registration.html

Monsanto and the GMO industry marches on.

this thing is going to fall apart, in one quick hurry. After Farrage leads Britts out of this fecking monstrosity (I'll give it 3-4 years at most, for him to get into the government), it is going to be quick from that point on. And it is only assuming, that it will not fell apart on its own till then.

I saw this and immediately lost any and all peaceful serenity I had left. If this passes in to EU law, then Europeans should burn the entire continent to the ground and take out any and all members of all governments involved in its implementation. Every time I think the bastards have gone as far as they can go, I see some retarded shit like this. Monsanto MUST BE STOPPED. Just as should con Agra, Cargil and all the other agribusinesses.

Back
Top Bottom