It feels like Monday

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Watching the news before work this morning, I saw that several Muslim jihadist sub-human animals decided to murder twelve people in cold blood today. By lunch time, many of the huge media corporations had their shills out in force standing up for all the "good Muslims" and declaring that right wing extremism is more of a problem because......Christianity.....or some dumb shit like that, just ask Sally Kohn. The POTUS made a quickie statement about the whole event, during which he left out three very important words, jihad, Muslim and Islam. This fucking coward wants so desperately to appease these scum that he'll alter his own reality to do so. He has opened dialogue with Iran and Cuba, and if they wanted to have anything at all to do with the US, he would do so with Venezuela. Our feckless president is the absolute antithesis of what a president should be. Instead of being forthright, honest, strong and back up the will of the American People, he stands idly by while the very billionaire .001 percenters for whom he feigns contempt finish strip mining the American population of their remaining assets. On the sidelines, he and his powerful sycophants in Congress have done everything in the book to hamstring investigations in to wrong doing at the VA, the IRS, the ATF, and on and on. The lies, obfuscation and open hatred for Americans leaves me shaking my head every time I see his cheerleader talk in glowing terms about him on the idiot box.

Folks it is only a matter of time before we see the same type of attack right here in America, because the progressive left wants to believe so badly in "the religion of peace" meme that they will do whatever they have to do to make that be reality. Well, I've got some bad news for them, calling Muslim Islamist terrorism workplace violence, and saying ISIS or ISL [or whatever they call themselves] aren't Muslims because they kill people ain't going to work. All they are doing is facilitating the spread of this disease called Islam, and what will happen is that we will see blood on our streets sooner than later. Of course that will be the perfect opportunity for Herr Obama to institute martial law and tell congress to go fuck themselves.

Changing gears, I got a call from a client that had paid us to remove some asbestos containing floor tile and mastic from a commercial property he needed demolished a while back. I sent him a price, we agreed and my crew went out and hammered it out right before Christmas. Fast forward to today, and I get a phone call from the same customer, who has already paid us for the work, asking why we hadn't removed the materials yet. Confused, I tell him to let me make a couple of calls and find out what is going on. IO get on the horn with the supervisor I had for the project and he tells me the guy is crazy, because he took before and after pictures, and do I want him to send them to me. I get the pics and forward them to my client to show him what a great job we did.

Ten minutes later I get a call from the guy and he says "Yup, they took out the tile, and it looks like they indeed did a great job, but they did a great job in the wrong building, because that's not my property, it's the one in front of mine." What. The. Fuck. I tell him I'll call him back again while I get hold of my guy [to strangle him] and find out what the hell went wrong. The supervisor proceeds to tell me how they asked "some dude" out front what the address was on the structure, because they didn't see any street numbers, and he assured them this was the place. When I asked him how he got in he said, "The key didn't work, so we went to the side door, popped out the hinge pins and used a hammer and cats paw to pop out the door, since it's going to be demolished anyway". At this point I realize that the 40 year old, grown ass adult who is in charge of worker production, safety and accountability on projects is a complete blithering idiot. Not only did they break in to a commercial building, it is an operating business and going concern, and he's probably lucky that they were closed for the entire holiday stretch, because he would likely have been killed by the owner.

So now I get to call the poor bastard who came back after the holidays to his locked building [they did put the door back in place and put in the hinge pins] to find that he had a break in, and the only thing stolen was his vinyl tiles throughout the place. No money or electronics were missing and the place was spotless, but the fucking floor was gone. How do you even report that to the police?
We have a crew over in Orlando right now taking up the flooring were supposed to come and remove, and another contractor that I had to hire to replace the floor we were not supposed to take out will be there on Thursday. Luckily all of the parties involved were pretty amused by this particular screw up, as were the police, but I am pretty angry. I guess sometimes you have to take some bad with the good, but stupidity is something that's pretty hard for me to swallow without a glass of scotch.

I guess if you're going to fuck up, you may as well be epic about it!

On the financial side, I see the Brotherhood of Darkness is sweating bullets over the possibility of Greece repudiating their EU debt and IMF cash they borrowed, since that could cause other countries in the union to get ideas. If you think about it for a minute, a Greek exit, followed shortly by Portugal and Spain would likely cause far more chaos and far more damage than Lehman simply because of the counterparty exposure to derivatives, and the net loss of cash to the debt holders. The fallout would be world-wide and it would/will be painful for a very long time. Although no one wants to experience depression 2.0, but this scenario is exactly the one that would cause the world to re-think their views on banks and bank regulations, as well as who gets to write those regulations.

Perhaps the cratered economy would help reign in the out of control size of government, since the money no longer would be available to pay them all. Maybe we could dial back the likes of the EPA, who is on track to destroy what remains of our industrial base with regulations. We could get lucky and see homeland security gutted to a shadow of its former self, something I would personally like to see. If it got bad enough, for long enough, maybe we would reconsider how much it costs to maintain nearly 800 bases around the world, and countless other US facilities such as embassies.

We can only dream.

My week is messed up. You should edit you title to be rant- you will get more replies.

Listen to this- I went to the post office to do a return- the man told me I would have to seal the parcel myself, and I could buy tape. I was returning pants that did not fit with a prepaid label.

They have all sorts of rules as to what can be sent- I thought they preferred it to be sealed!

So now I get to call the poor bastard who came back after the holidays to his locked building [they did put the door back in place and put in the hinge pins] to find that he had a break in, and the only thing stolen was his vinyl tiles throughout the place. No money or electronics were missing and the place was spotless, but the fucking floor was gone. How do you even report that to the police?
You're certainly in the right to be mad at your crew for such a screw up. I'm sure it is difficult to do so when it is your name on the trucks, but when you step back and look at this, it is pretty hilarious.

"Hello, Orlando police, I'd like to report a break-in."

"Okay, what did they take, what was of damage?"

"Well, they took the entire floor, nothing else, cleaned the place, and reinstalled the door."

"I'm not sure we have a form for that..."

Sometimes laughing is about all that can be done to stay sane, which ironically makes people think the opposite.

Absolutely right on DDBro.

This will be a war story for the ages.

It's only going to cost twelve thousand to set this right, which in the long run is only a small rounding error. We do around 5 mm average, but this past year was over 9mm.

Last edited:
... When I asked him how he got in he said, "The key didn't work, so we went to the side door, popped out the hinge pins and used a hammer and cats paw to pop out the door, since it's going to be demolished anyway". At this point I realize that the 40 year old, grown ass adult who is in charge of worker production, safety and accountability on projects is a complete blithering idiot. ...

At least he isn't a cop in charge of no knock raids.

... Perhaps the cratered economy would help reign in the out of control size of government, since the money no longer would be available to pay them all. ...

I think Greece provided some guidance on that thought a while back. There is no scaling back the beast even when it's broke (they will just borrow or steal what they have to). TBTF applies to countries too apparently. I think it has to die and be reborn to truly change - and that would be exceedingly painful.

Back
Top Bottom