has anyone had to sell?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I might have to sell some. I pretty much know where I will go for that.

If I sell and then buy it back in a few months- maybe- maybe not.

The money is tight. I could use advance on the tax refund I get in July.

On the other hand- stay put.

If you need to sell some then by all means do so Penn. I know you from 'another' site and remember a post you made a while back about buying silver, and then not having enough dough to meet your bills. Personally, i think as long as the market keeps levitating like it has been that silver will float around between 29 and 31, but if there is a panic sell off, silver and gold will shit the bed hard and drop like rocks, with silver getting to 20 or lower before recovering. so, it is my completely amateur opinion that if you need a few grand, go ahead and flip a hundred oz to tide you over, then buy back a little here and a little there like you usually do. BTW, I would sell the generic stuff first, then if you really need to , sell some junk.

JMHO

It's certainly not the perfect time to sell, but yeah if you need cash soon, then get it as fast as you can. A lot can happen in short term.
Make sure you get a fair price by comparing offers :cheers:

I could sell some gold or silver or plat.

I was thinking gold. If you have to sell one of the 3, which would it be?

I could sell some gold or silver or plat.

I was thinking gold. If you have to sell one of the 3, which would it be?
I'd definitely sell platinum. If the economy gets weaker this year, it's gonna underperform gold and silver. Gold is the least volatile and has Eastern central banks putting a floor underneath it, so I wouldn't sell that. Silver is undervalued compared to gold and platinum.

If I were buying, I'd be buying gold/silver. If I were selling, I'd be selling platinum.

Back
Top Bottom