Help for a Hero

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bonzo

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Good morning all. I ask a few moments of your time to share this story with you.

On April 10,2012, United States Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills, from Vassar Michigan of the 82nd Airborne, on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan was critically injured by an IED while on patrol. As a result ot this Travis lost all four limbs. He is only the fourth person to survive such horrific injuries. Thanks to his amazing strength, courage and an incredible will to live to live, the heroic actions of the men of his unit, and the prayers of thousands Travis has returned to the Walter Reed Medical Center to begin his recovery. He is a genuine hero and for his incredible sacrifice we are forever in his debt.

Vassar is a small town near where I live. And I know a person who knows him personaly. I hope I'm not offending anyone by asking that you might help Travis and his wife and small child with a small gift. It would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou.

Mills Family Fund
PO Box 134
Vassar MI 48768

http://www.travismills.org/Home_Page.html

I really don't want to set a precedent of allowing solicitations for charity causes. It can bring an avalanche of spam and I don't have the time to vet the causes and make sure they are legitimate.

I'll allow this plea to remain visible for a week or so for the members here to see it only because you have been around long enough for us to know you aren't a spammer and you claim a personal connection to the principle. But after that, the thread will be deleted because solicitations - however legitimate and well intentioned - breed problems that we just don't want here.

Back
Top Bottom