How to create a million jobs!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Aubuy

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
It's so simple. Everyone just has to do one little thing. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just find a way to get the entire population of the USA to increase their consumption of USA made goods by 5%... And poof, a million new jobs. lol

I admire the sentiments but it's completely nonsensical. Americans are already spending well beyond their means with a negative savings rate.

I do find it kind of insane that a 5% increase in consumption would ONLY add 1 million jobs.. that's really pathetic honestly.

Reminds me of one of my favorite movies:

1454031646_b1130e4f02_o.jpg

I saw a report on FBN a day or two ago about the housing market. The anchors were cheerleading the rise in housing prices in the west coast areas. Then they showed a graph of average housing prices since 2007 or so. The graph showed housing prices nearly recovered to pre-crash levels.

The reporter cautioned that the rate of increase was decreasing (ie. prices are leveling off). The reporter mentioned a few more tidbits about re-financing deals drying up and new home sales dying while interest rates had risen modestly.

I watched that and laughed at the idea that the Fed would taper their MBS purchases. The housing market is going to implode if they stop propping it up. It looks to be heading for rough waters as it is.

Spending more money on the same amount of stuff isn't going to do anything good.

Want to create jobs? Cut all tax brackets in half. There's your jobs.

The way things are headed it would not be hard to imagine a law requiring everybody to purchase a percentage of "Made in America" products. Would that really be any different then requiring everybody to purchase health insurance? :(

...and here ya go!

http://www.americansworking.com/

Get buyin'!

;)

-Q
I am working on a simple pledge we can all say together:

"I pledge that from now on all my PM purchases will only be American made. I will not buy silver or gold mined from anywhere else. Same with gasoline for my car. If it's not USA West Texas grade crude oil I won't use it. Also, food. I promise not to eat anything grown or raised anywhere but the USA. I will not eat Mexican or South American fruits and vegetables during the winter and I will make sure my McDonalds Big Mac uses domestic lettuce. I also promise to stop wearing clothes unless they are made in the USA even if that means I might have to wear odd colors or sizes that make me look heavier than usual. I will also not use medicines, drugs, or medical devices unless they are made in the USA. If some of the ingredients or parts are not made in the US I will have them removed before using them".... This is going to be harder than I thought. :shrug:

I am working on a simple pledge we can all say together:

"I pledge that from now on all my PM purchases will only be American made. I will not buy silver or gold mined from anywhere else. Same with gasoline for my car. If it's not USA West Texas grade crude oil I won't use it. Also, food. I promise not to eat anything grown or raised anywhere but the USA. I will not eat Mexican or South American fruits and vegetables during the winter and I will make sure my McDonalds Big Mac uses domestic lettuce. I also promise to stop wearing clothes unless they are made in the USA even if that means I might have to wear odd colors or sizes that make me look heavier than usual. I will also not use medicines, drugs, or medical devices unless they are made in the USA. If some of the ingredients or parts are not made in the US I will have them removed before using them".... This is going to be harder than I thought. :shrug:

dead on. I work produce and virtually everything comes from other countries. And the comment I hear the most is "if it was grown in Mexico, I don't want it. You know what they do in the fields." I usually tell them they would be much, much safer eating Mexican grown produce, as almost all the cases of food poisoning are US grown food. (Taco Bell onions, California spinach, etc.) The US fertilizes their produce with factory farm e. coli. (unintentionally).

Back
Top Bottom