HOW DARE THEY’: READ THE LETTER FROM UK SCHOOL THAT LEFT PARENTS ‘SHOCKED’ AND OUTRAGED Nov. 22, 201

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
HOW DARE THEY’: READ THE LETTER FROM UK SCHOOL THAT LEFT PARENTS ‘SHOCKED’ AND OUTRAGED
Nov. 22, 2013 5:45pm Jason Howerton
A school in England is facing backlash after it sent a letter to parents threatening to add a “racial discrimination note” to the file of any student who failed to attend a workshop about Islam. The note, the letter explained, would “remain on this file throughout their school career.”

Some of the students are as young as 8-years-old.

Schools Threatens to Brand Children as Racist if They Miss Muslim Workshop
The Littleton Green Community School
The Littleton Green Community School in Staffordshire, England, quickly retracted the threat after outraged parents and the local council objected.

“I was shocked by the letter. To be told my kids have got to attend this workshop is disgusting,” Tracy Ward, a mother of four, told the Telegraph. “Everyone should have a choice, but that’s my opinion and I don’t want a stain on my kids’ record as a result…”

Another parent, 55-year-old Gillian Claridge, said parents were told they have to pay for the trip as well, which was “just a kick in the teeth.”

“How dare they threaten to brand the children racist at such a young age. It’s going to make them feel like little criminals,” the parent added.

The Telegraph provides the original Nov. 20 letter sent by the school:

Dear Parent/Carer,

As part of the National Religious Education Curriculum together with the multicultural community in which we live, it is a statutory requirement for Primary School aged children to experience and learn about different cultures.
The workshop is at Staffordshire University and will give your child the opportunity to explore other religions.

Children will be looking at religious artefacts similar to those that would be on display in a museum. they will not be partaking in any religious practices.

Refusal to allow your child to attend this trip will result in a Racial Discrimination note being attached to your child’s education record, which will remain on this file throughout their school career.

As such our expectations are that all children in years 4 and 6 attend school on Wednesday 27th November to take part in this trip.

All absences on this day will be investigated for their credibility and will only be sanctioned witha GP sick note.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact our RE Coordinator, Mrs Edmonds.

Outrage quickly ensued, causing school officials to change their tune.

A Staffordshire County Council spokesperson told the Telegraph that “it is important for children to find out more about different cultures” but “parents also have a right to withdraw their children from religious activities.”

“Clearly it is not appropriate for comments about racial discrimination to be made in these circumstances,” the spokesperson said.

England has gone stark raving mad with their diversity bullshit. The last time i was in Londonistan, it had transformed completely away from what I remember from 1979. London has become a seething cauldron of all peoples Muslim and Hindu. Nowhere can you find the genteel civility that once governed people. Taxi drivers were argumentative assholes that barely spoke English, restaurants were overpriced and waiters rude.

Recently, I took my family to Holland and Belgium for a family vacation at Christmas time. I found Amsterdam to be pretty mellow, albeit far too many transplanted Muslims to suit me. When we went to Brussels in Belgium, we entered the city at a magnificent train station the likes of which hasn't been built for over a hundred years. Just outside the station is the entrance to a very old and very beautiful zoo. While the wife and kid went there, I went with a friend we brought to Europe with us and did some exploring. What we found was shocking. Just a few clicks off the main trail we found ourselves in a completely foreign area, filled with women in burkahs and men with those little fez hats and turbans. We got the stink-eye everywhere and soon decided to retreat back to the train station area. I did not feel either welcome or safe.

England has gone stark raving mad with their diversity bullshit. The last time i was in Londonistan, it had transformed completely away from what I remember from 1979. London has become a seething cauldron of all peoples Muslim and Hindu. Nowhere can you find the genteel civility that once governed people. Taxi drivers were argumentative assholes that barely spoke English, restaurants were overpriced and waiters rude.
It is sad when a place makes NYC look good.

For centures the British trampled the world and ruled nearly everyone in it, now the world appears to be ruling Britain. Maybe it is karma, I'm sure one of the taxi drivers could tell us.

Back
Top Bottom