I left Zero Hedge, but not PMBug!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

Word may or may not trickle out, but I just advised readers at a thread there and sent an email to Tyler to delete my account at Zero Hedge.

:wave:

I did this for personal reasons and of my volition ("Step Ten" motives for those of you who like hints). I have been more distressed than happy contributing there lately (perhaps because of some of my own posts, well that's my own fault). I have learned to recognize unhealthy addictions, and now I am able to take steps to get away from them.

This is really a cause for celebration, as I will be happier in the long run. And if I am happier, I truly believe that the world too will be a little happier.

And now back to our normal programming...

I think I can relate to your reasoning. There's a mountain of bad news that most media outlets either ignore or lie about, and ZH is one of the few places you can get the truth. You want to stay informed, but at the same time, it drags you down.

I still read ZH daily, but I try to counter the negativity with exercise and creative projects :)

Time management is the devil. Or the devil is in the details. Or managing time is a detail. :paperbag:

But yeah, sometimes I need to take a step back too when I get too wrapped up in something. Cheers DCRB.

Hey Bearing

Part of our journey is to realise that while we need to be aware of the 'dark stuff' we need to be able to 'park it' and move towards the light.

Zero Hedge is a good place to keep up with the dark stuff as it developes but too much time there will pull you down and have you looking for light in the wrong places.

Be Well my friend and know that theres something truly awesome to be discovered as you work through those steps.

Thanks, guys, but my problem with ZH was my own addictive tendencies and the fact that my getting into internet arguments FINALLY showed me how stupid that was (with Putin fan-boys for example).

The net effect was more aggravation than joy. So, "AMFs!"

Life should get even better with two addictions now gone (I hope) for good.

:wave:

:)

people are bitchy on fb now. i lost some friends- been blocked.

i think the one gal was drunk and stirred up trouble

Back
Top Bottom