Im in a foul mood!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So- ok- was sick last night- they can fill my rx everyone is revved up looking for a fight- and I feel like shit.

So- I looks at me email and a match from a site from who knows when- came thru- the guy looks ok- (GAY!- for those who dont know)

Well today being blah- I described me and I was not very nice. I mentioned that I am crazy and a train wreck. ....old- stubborn- you name it. I threw in some good points. Said I cant give you my number because I would look desperate. I also told him sex was not important there is more to life.

Hit send. hmmm.

So THEN I decided to look at the personality profile and it said we have "some issues".

Does anyone lie about their age- he said he is 39, and I think that is too young for me - I am 48.

If he lied about his age- I dont think I like it.

If he is crazy enough to reply- maybe I make a new friend that I can unleash my craziness on!!!

One time- some friends online wrote a profile for me- mentioned lyndon larouch- conspiracy theories- it was a hoot.

So- they make a send button- and they make a delete button.

Actually I am a piece of work and if take a certain personality to "get it"- my dry humor=- one liners, bitter sarcasm.
..and me deep thoughts and I would drive em crazy with lectures on the economic collapse!!

Everyone is a trainwreck.

I'm so glad I lived in the age before digital dating. Be at peace with yourself and trust your instincts. $.02

Hear hear. I've recently become single (hetero in my case) and am trying to use the 'net for dating - complete wash so far, nothing good out there close to my age at all from what I can tell. Most of the sites are scams anyway.

Geek dating - all the girls who think they are geeks aren't - they just know how to play a computer game. That's a user of tech, not a creator.

Science dating - no female scientists, just nurses who live in the bronx, and say you can live in their basement apartment and come up when they are horny, and oh, give them money.

Regular dating - mostly all bots to suck in those messaging fees. Some women are paid by the sites to keep guys paying those fees. Nothing real, except the ones with the attitude "when you get a husband, what are you going to name it? Walking wallet?". No thanks.

Affair site - interesting, since the women are local (but not too local). Hell, I KNOW all those women, they were all in the audience for my rock band back in the day. I could save money there - just mention I saw them (no fee to talk) but...I know those women, all a big meat sack of problems and issues...and casual sex isn't what I'm after.

By the time you're in your late 50's, there just isn't shit out there that doesn't have some real bad issues, it seems. And I don't need to raise another "child" who won't be interested in me as I age more, either.

And in a small town, there's not a heck of a lot, period....

So I agree, bug - it's nasty out there.

I can see how being old doesn't make things easy, but not being a typical half-witted iPhone-thumbing American dumbass while young isn't exactly a trip either.

I am bitter and inflexable. I dont do anything that I dont want to do.

I am past the whore phase.

I am thinking a good age is 46-49. He did not reply - I am back from dinner. I had 2 LTRs each 7 years.

I like to watch patti stanger on millionaire matchmaker.

Oh! I wont drive more then 20 minutes. I dont ask for much LOL

Penn, enjoy your freedom and do things you like to do. Love will find you when you're not looking.

Every time I go to the grocery store, I see all these couples quibbling over what catsup to buy, and I'm so glad I don't have to consult anyone for such menial decisions.

Yeah mike, everytime I start to think that maybe I need to make more of an effort to be "social" (sitting in an establishment of some sort while thumbing iPhones to update Farcebook status?) I hear people talking, see them interacting and such and think "Oh, right, that's why."

I haven't actually watched Idiocracy, but just from the trailer it is likely on to something. Everywhere you see Boobus and Boobette waddling around in ignorance like cargo ships trying to dock, all the while the seemingly monthly propagation of children prattle along behind, already developing waddles of their own. At first it seemed rediculous, but it then occured to me...tugboats, little waddling prattlers to navigate Boobus and Boobette through the canals of the local Big Box.

Time to set sail...

It really is cheaper to hire out. !!

trying to start a business in Russia 18 years ago, ran a pen pal ad in St. Petersburg and Moscow, had no idea I would get 10,000 letters. Ended up marrying a girl my age in Singapore. Its been a good 17 years, she has a masters and speaks seven languages and puts up with my insanity. I don't want anything, that makes it a lot easier, I'm sure. (and I was 35 then and NO ONE was breaking down my door, I guarantee you) :)

If I had to start over I wouldn't. As Bing says, "I'm too old to start over".

I always found it was much easier to ignore the "being single is a problem" issue. I found meeting the friend of a friend type person to be the easiest way to meet a girlfriend than any kind of bar, club, dating service, ect. Get out of the house, meet people, have hobbies, and be nice to everyone. That is exactly how I met my wife.
$.02

From the other side of the fence it amazes me when straight people have a hard time dating. 3.5 billion woman,. all you need is one....

Dunno, Penn. Gay friends of mine always seem to have no trouble...well, it depends on what you're after, I suppose. Casual sex seems pretty easy either way. (really casual, hell, you don't really need another person) Good lasting relationships seem hard - either way.

I have a cat that were she human, we'd have a marriage that would be the envy of everyone for miles, but...that's not happening.

Remember the old line, why don't I just find a woman I hate and buy her a house?
Seems hetero love can turn to hate all too easily, especially when one partner decides pretty much to just be a parasite on the partnership.

The trouble is is that as people get older, they don't hang out that much anymore...for just one. Older and single you have to ask, why? I know in my case I screwed up and married what turned out to be a psychopath (now in treatment after getting out of jail for it). Then I tried to make it work anyway for what turned out to be a wasted decade. But...that's not the norm it seems. It's not that I don't have a lot of friends, or that they aren't bird-dogging for me - there's just not that much any of us would want living in our neighbourhood, much less in the same house.

When I was younger, it bothered me a lot less. I was (more or less) willingly celibate for 7 years once, and 9 another time. But now...work to keep up my bugout is getting to be a lot for one guy, and one easily injured guy who likes to do dangerous shit should have someone around to at least call 911 if something goes wrong...
Even if it's just to ensure her meal ticket, but I have higher hopes than another one of those sort.

Finding a date is no problem. Finding a partner that you would enjoy sharing the rest of your life with - that's the trick. IMO, gender has little to do with it.

I am not sure that anyone is really happy.

I have 3 siblings that are all straight. My sister is the most normal. My 2 brothers, are another story. I love them all so I will leave it at that.

yeah with the casual sex- dont bother to even ask for a name- because many will lie.

Hey DC- good for you on self respect. If you dont respect yourself - no one else will.

The past 5 years- I snapped out of the whore mode. I decided when I moved the only memories here would be ones I choose to be here.

I had 2 7 year LTRs. No regrets. Just that times and place move on.

Back
Top Bottom