Iran, wikileaks and the wool over your eyes

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
WikiLeaks: Israel destroyed nuclear facilities in Iran

Anti-secrecy group releases email by US-based global security firm linked to CIA, citing Israeli intelligence source who claims Israelis destroyed all Iranian nuclear infrastructure on ground weeks ago.

Israeli commando forces destroyed, with the help of Kurdish rebels, all of Iran's nuclear infrastructure on ground, an email by a US-based global security analysis company released by WikiLeaks on Monday claims.

The anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks began publishing more than five million emails from the private intelligence firm Stratfor Global Intelligence, which has been likened to a shadow CIA. Stratfor officials said the release of its stolen emails was an attempt to silence and intimidate it.

In the email, an Israeli intelligence source was asked about Defense Minister Ehud Barak's comment "the more the merrier" following the mysterious explosion that killed at least 17 people at an Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps base near Tehran in November 2011.

At the time, Iran claimed the blast was an accident, but US blogger Richard Silverstein said that Israel was the mastermind.

"I think this is a diversion. The Israelis already destroyed all the Iranian nuclear infrastructure on the ground weeks ago," said the Israeli source. "The current 'let's bomb Iran' campaign was ordered by the EU leaders to divert the public attention from their at home financial problems."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4195342,00.html

:flushed:

This further confirms for me that our continued involvement in the Middle East is to enforce the use of the US dollar to purchase oil. We lose the petrodollar, we lose the world.

Iran Moves Further To End Petrodollar, Announces Will Accept Payment In Gold Instead Of Dollars

Per zerohedge, "just released Reuters report that "Iran will take payment from its trading partners in gold instead of dollars, the Iranian state news agency IRNA quoted the central bank governor as saying on Tuesday."

Iran War incoming.

We need DoCHen, and our double-think hats here. Sure we know there are other than the stated reasons for getting hard on Iran. But! Every time something over there happens, they blame us or Israel. The fact that they aren't this time is telling us something odd is happening, but I kind of doubt all their nuke infra went out - for one thing, I'd see it here if a lot got into the air - I check regularly. Further, "on the ground" isn't the same as all of it.

The big concern according to a high source I trust who sadly, I can't name (we'd both to go jail), is that the bulk is buried well below where bunker busters can get to it, not "on the ground". Like any bureaucrat who can tell the actual truth (to stay out of court) while seeming to tell you want you wanted to hear instead, that might be literally true - they got the stuff "on the ground" - but not in it.

That phrase stood out to me too when I read it the first time.

Is China using Iran as a proxy to accomplish what it can on the currency war front between the Yuan and the Dollar before the summer (PAGE) begins doing so?

The US has exported it's inflation to other countries. Everyone is in a race to devalue so they can pay debts easier while making more money with exports. The more China can get ahead and stay ahead in this rat race, the better position they will be once they sell the dollars they have. He who sells first sells best, amirite?

Anyway, I'm afraid I might have gone completely off topic here, but I am not sure where to put it. Yes I'm feeling lazy today.

I don't think China is driving the bus on this one though I'm sure they are trying to leverage whatever they can from the situation.

Is China using Iran as a proxy to accomplish what it can on the currency war front between the Yuan and the Dollar before the summer (PAGE) begins doing so?

The US has exported it's inflation to other countries. Everyone is in a race to devalue so they can pay debts easier while making more money with exports. The more China can get ahead and stay ahead in this rat race, the better position they will be once they sell the dollars they have. He who sells first sells best, amirite?

Anyway, I'm afraid I might have gone completely off topic here, but I am not sure where to put it. Yes I'm feeling lazy today.
But China's economy depends largely on exporting to the US, so if the USD was no longer the standard unit for petroleum its value should drop, making Chinese goods more expensive. They have been pressured by the US to revalue their currency since they have artificially kept it down, pegged to the dollar, so that they can still export to us. So, I don't think China would be the force behind this.

If you look at the countries that have tried or talked of selling oil in terms of gold rather than USD you might find it to be an interesting group.

Alas, a poor bearing is not able to contribute much on this one.

My hunch is that DCFusor has it right, that the Iranians have their nuke facilities in large part buried very deep. This is public knowledge, and obviously not as well informed as someone with access to better info than some dumbass bearing buyer who has already proudly disclosed to joining the Tinfoil Hat Brigade...

I also think that DCFusor is probably right that if much of Iran's facilities HAD BEEN destroyed, that there would be at least some kind of word out. Most big & sexy secrets are VERY HARD to keep (the only exception I can think of: The Manhattan Project).

George Friedman (recently heading up Stratfor) said in Barron's some 10 days ago (reviewed at my blog) that HIS best guess is that Iran will wind up with the nuke, and that Iran and Israel will come to an "accommodation." I guess that would mean a MAD, you nuke us, we nuke you. I think even AhmaDinnerJacket would see the sense the in that.

DoChen - I saw a few of the pix of the explosions at bases, and that's all it was, stuff on the surface, like a missile refueling accident or one bomb (DoChen used to look at pix, better than me, I know diddly about BDA).

The pix Iran has made public of their underground stuff - it's big, really big. Even if you could sneak in a special ops team (pretty unlikely in this case) they just couldn't carry enough stuff to kill one completely. Best you can do according to my source would be bomb the doors shut - if you could find them all. And keep at it...or use a nuke yourself, preemptively - not under consideration as far as I know.

That was the thinking behind me trying to find another interpretation. Of course, having worked in the community at one point, I know how the BS tends to flow. There's a heck of a lot of people dislocating their shoulders due to self-back-patting in some circles.

Back
Top Bottom