kid gets his first job

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
so my cousins kid- the oldest - he gets his first job- yay! His first "paycheck" mom threw into the burn barrel- and burned it by accident- as it turns out there are no longer paychecks- it is direct deposit or a debit card- she basically destroyed his very first working, "check".

So after some thought it can be reversed- jump thru some hoops.

But there for several hours she thought she was the worst mom on earth!!

My kid got his first job at Chicken Express this summer (part time/min wage). They docked his first paycheck five dollars for the money he was short the register. When I expressed shock, he said he was lucky, most of the other kids get docked 75 dollars. Turns out its legal. My 28 year old is living at home (two college degrees, international business, int. economics.) No jobs in his field, he's been working at the local grocery store the last three years. Welcome to the wave of the future.

My first job was dishwasher for a restaurant called Madeira Manor. I got paid just over 2 bucks an hour and though I was Mac Daddy major rich fucker. I earned about twenty or twenty five bucks a week. If I did the cute waitresses a favor, they threw me a few bucks. All in all it was good for me.

I was a cashier for many years- we were allowed $1 short. My coworker could not count - so I often ended up with an extra $1. Back then it bought a gallon of gas.

Back
Top Bottom