• 1 Post By Jay

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Kunstler gives a shout out

snip:
The most visible result, I think, will be a shocking flight into precious metals, of which there is precious little to meet the kind of demand soon to overwhelm that teeny-weeny market corner of the financial universe.

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nati...-ben-bernanke/
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
While JHK certainly has a way with the written word, he is far, far too liberal for me. However, and this is a big however, I read both of his most recent books, A World Made By Hand and The Witch of Hebron, which was a sequel to the first book. They intimately describe life and commerce in a post industrial collapse, long after the violence and pestilence. It sure made for realistic reading most of the time and I for one, do not look forward to the coming collapse.
Jay likes this.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
While JHK certainly has a way with the written word, he is far, far too liberal for me. However, and this is a big however, I read both of his most recent books, A World Made By Hand and The Witch of Hebron, which was a sequel to the first book. They intimately describe life and commerce in a post industrial collapse, long after the violence and pestilence. It sure made for realistic reading most of the time and I for one, do not look forward to the coming collapse.
I've not read the books but I share your sentiments about the collapse. And regarding Kunstlers support of Obama, I think he's full of shit. But I like his screeds...
ancona likes this.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Actually, he has backed way, way off of this entire administration. He has written multiple times about his many vacations and the complete lack of accomplishment coming from his camp. From siding with the banksters to continuing with "business as usual" in the MENA, JHK finally saw the light.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Actually, he has backed way, way off of this entire administration. He has written multiple times about his many vacations and the complete lack of accomplishment coming from his camp. From siding with the banksters to continuing with "business as usual" in the MENA, JHK finally saw the light.
I noticed that. he also is having serious health problems and depending on the very system he excoriates. Interestingly enough, when he started having the trouble with the metals poisoning from his hip replacement, before the cause was identified, he mentioned in one of his columns that he thought it might be Lipitor (statin) poisoning. As I was in a coma as a result of taking Lipitor, I emailed him, and we started some communication. So now I have had emails from TWO celebrities (Natalie Merchant also). WooHoo. (actually, I was really surprised that either of them answered me at all).

rblong2us likes this.