Latest MaxKaiser's report is both good and hilarious

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bushi

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
...titled "Kamikaze banking". Title says it all - "banzai!!!" - against all the reason, chances, and the common sense.

I love the part when he compares Bernanke to an alpha-gorilla, farting in front of the Congress, and the response received: "oh, your farting sounds like we are in a great shape, thank you Mr. Chairman". :rotflmbo: I've actually choked laughing in front of my PC, causing co-workers to cast me some frightened looks.

But also great summary on how the income gains were distributed in 2010 recovery (93% of the income increase in 2010 went to the top 1% of earners - surprise, surprise!)

Another mortgage frauds, moving toxic homes into govt-secured funds (FHA?).

And (behold), how the "bailouts", always increasing debt, and eventual assets realization (or the lack of underlying assets, or their great overvaluation) will ultimately lead to rediscover the bedrock of the whole financial system, which is gold (the only question is, how long it will take, isn't it, as usual...)
He also mentions briefly the amount of gold in the possession of CBs (30,000 metric tons) , and the global total (160,000 metric tons). So if these figures are accurate, luckily, it seems that the size of the market would be too big for the CBs to manipulate gold prices succesfully (?)

Back
Top Bottom