Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 249 times
Doodoo Long Island Power Authority Sends Estimated Bills To Customers Who Went Weeks Without Electricity No

Long Island Power Authority Sends Estimated Bills To Customers Who Went Weeks Without Electricity
November 26, 2012 By Chris Morran

(Coyoty)
Following Hurricane Sandy’s stroll through the area, many people on New York’s Long Island were left without electricity for weeks. But that didn’t stop the Long Island Power Authority from generating estimated bills for an entire month’s worth of power usage.

“I can’t get LIPA to acknowledge my existence,” says one Long Island resident who received estimated bills for two homes (He just finished moving) totaling more than $900, and who expects to be slapped with one for the restaurant he owns. “But I guess they had power, so they could print my bills.”

The man, who went two weeks without electricity in his new home, tells the NY Post he has no intention of paying these bills: “They can put me into collections, and I’ll fight them tooth-and-nail.

Another area man says he tried to go online to correct the estimated bill with the numbers from his actual meter but says, “I got some message that said, ‘Service records show your usage would be higher. Please call an operator for further assistance’ … No one ever picked up.”

The Post says that LIPA did not reply to comment requests.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2449 times
Power companies have automated billing systems that estimate bills based upon past usage. (Automated billing system) Computers don't follow the weather.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
The LIPA is owned by the government. What do you expect? Be quiet before they fine you for not using enough electricity.

H. L. Mencken

comparegoldandsilverprices.com
mike is offline   Reply With Quote