my thoughts on the truckers 3 day strike

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I think it will end up like the bike ride. Alot of hooting and hollaring.

I am sick of the left bashing these folks. I am also sick of these folks thinking it is just obama- HELLO- all the corporatists have sold us out.

I dont see the strike as particularly compeling-the goals are not concrete. At the same time- the bills will still have to be paid- so whats a trucker to do- take food off his table ..his children- or make a statement against corruption.

I seen a comment on huff post- that the govt should pull the CDLs of all those who strike.

We seen these strikes in Greece- what do they accomplish? Not much- even less when the demands are not clear.

Factor in glen beck- his name is in the mix- this is classic left right baiting-

the one good part of this strike is it takes attention away from the gun grabbers-

I guess we shall see.

I seen their list of concerns. It is better then I expected it to be. I would give it a 70% line up with our ideas.

I thought the list was going to be a "I hate obama" list. Alot of reference to constitution in it- NDAA, throwing banksters in Jail- and repealing executive orders.

I haven't heard of such a strike, but it is probably BS since Beck is involved. He'll do anything to get his face in a camera.

Truckers To Shut Down America
Saturday, September 21 at 3:57pm
PRESS RELEASE: Another press release will be released in a few days with Truckers demands on regulations of new hours of service as well as the American people demands.

“TRUCKERS TO SHUT DOWN AMERICA”
Ride for The U.S. Constitution
WHO: Independent Truckers of America are essentially operating on slave wages; in most cases working below minimum wage, and all paying exorbitant fuel costs and fees. American truckers are also very politically astute and great patriots, and they are all well aware of what is happening to our U.S. Constitution. Through this campaign, they are leading the convoy of all Americans coast to coast who wish to restore our Constitutional Republic. America is calling out to our Patriots, and if any group can help lead the charge to save our nation, it’s the U.S. Truckers.
WHAT: The original Facebook Campaign was titled “Truckers to Shutdown America” and the powerful concept went viral for the following reason: All Americans are frustrated with the lawlessness of our Congressman and Senators who refuse to work on behalf of the American people. It has become apparent that the Elite will never respond to the will of the people as long as their wealth is not jeopardized. The only thing that motivates every politician is their money --- cutting off their money-flow cuts off their life-blood. The Independent Truckers in the United States essentially keep commerce flowing for benefit of the wealthy elite. The only way to get our legislators to operate lawfully and Constitutionally is to penalize them with a credible threat of a shutdown. Through this effort, the American people can demand that all Congressman & Senators sign on to the demands for them to operate lawfully and Constitutionally, or risk a possible shutdown if they refuse to follow the law; the supreme law of the land; the U.S. Constitution.
WHEN: The American people want our politicians to restore our Constitutional republic NOW! Yesterday. The “Truckers To Shutdown America” event is scheduled for October 11th thru the 13th. This gives the American people time to spread the message, and to give our domestic enemies such as Barack Obama, John Kerry, Lindsay Graham and John McCain, etc. time to comply with the demands of the American people. The event is specifically scheduled for a holiday weekend so as not to harm America, and to also allow for every American to participate in this protest during a non-work weekend.
WHERE: Independent Truckers across America have agreed to lead a “Ride for the Constitution” to Washington DC. This will be a very symbolic display of solidarity as potentially hundreds of thousands of truckers and millions of citizens can proceed to what we have always believed is our nation’s capital. Additionally, every single American can participate in this event coast-to-coast. Let’s face it, not everyone can afford to drive to Washington DC, and the Elite know this. They love the fact that the days of the “million man march” are gone because they have us so overworked and underpaid ---no time or money to protest or save their country. On October 11th, we are encouraging every single household to participate in many different ways; one of which if to get in their cars and join the truckers on your local highways to show your support! Just think; 30 million people on American roads; side-by-side with Independent Truckers. Obama, Kerry, McCain, Lindsay Graham, etc. should get the message. Best of all, we don’t need the media. We will run this place and take our country back --- they can NEVER stop us. Period.
HOW: How can everyone get involved? If you are independent trucker and can afford to drive to Washington DC --- DO IT! If you are afraid of your employer, or the U.S. Government, get out on the road anyways. Nobody will ever know why you were stuck in traffic.
If you are an average American and have a personal vehicle, get in your car and get out on the road if you have the time or desire. The more people we have on the road, the louder our message will be.
If you want to mind your own business and watch it all unfold on TV; you can refuse to buy anything the entire weekend --- and if our legislators refuse our Constitutional demands, continue to not buy anything until they start following the law. The only way these criminals can survive is if we take our wallets out & spend money. Refuse to give them a dime until they comply with our lawful demands.
Help spread the word NOW! This campaign will go viral if each of us gets the word out. The Elite control the media because they want to be the only ones talking to Americans. Let’s show them that we don’t need the media for us to get up off the couch and distribute flyers at our local truck stop in every city in America. We run this place & they will panic if they see us getting the word out without their system controls.
“LIKE” the Facebook page, share the word with your friends, family members and neighbors, and stay tuned to GuerillaMediaNetwork.com for constant updates about the event. Most importantly, create your own Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and blog so that these bastards can never shut this thing down. It needs to be a “de-centralized” effort ---- a gas-roots effort that will never give the D.H.S. or the government goons the chance to shut down a website or an organizer’s office. Take charge of your own neighborhoods, towns, major cities etc across America. Let each of us show these bastards who runs this place. Most importantly, let’s show them who owns and controls our minds and wallets.
Share this document. Copy it, re-post it, encourage everyone else to do the same. We are Americans who run the United States of America --- it’s not run by a bunch of millionaires. This is our house; our country; our government, and each of us needs to take ownership of how we succeed in this event. If we want to save our country, we will do so. If we don’t, it will be because you as an individual wanted someone else to save it for you --- this is why we are in this mess --- because we trusted someone better dressed, smarter, richer, better educated or more experienced. Look where that has gotten us. It’s time for each of us to say enough is enough & show them who runs this country. Let’s make them panic by getting off the couch. We the people will save our country.
Do not be afraid. Do not fear your job, or worry about the big-bad-government. This is your country which was founded by courageous men, and many men & women fought to protect it over the past couple hundred years. Blood has been shed in order to protect everything you have benefited and prospered from, and these bastards are destroying everything we’ve built --- all for their own personal gain and wealth. Set your fear aside. Figure out what your role will be. If you are a corporate trucker, silently participate & don’t worry about your corporate master threatening you with being fired --- they cannot fire you for getting stuck in traffic. Throw your hands in the air & say “oh well--- I got stuck in a traffic jam…what am I supposed to do?”. If you are a regular citizen in a car, plan to get out in traffic in support of our truckers & their Ride for the US Constitution. If you feel courageous enough, bring a Hibachi and fire it up for everyone else in dead stopped traffic! Heck; people get HUNGRY when traffic is stopped! Have a tailgate & celebrate!
If you have a job, and can’t get to work, let your boss know about the traffic jam. They cannot fire millions of people who get caught in traffic.
This will be the best way for ALL Americans to participate! The last time this was planned in 2007, they scared off all the truckers in Washington DC by threatening fines for all those drivers who came to DC with no load. We will say FUCK THEM. They will not be able to cite every single empty truck in the USA, in every city. If you are concerned about any fines going to DC, plan to take your truck to another metro area. DO NOT BE AFRAID. Stand courageously for your country --- the country we all love and have built with our blood sweat and tears.
DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU THAT THIS WILL HURT US. BY US NOT DOING ANYTHING, IT GIVES THE ELITE MORE TIME TO EARN MORE WEALTH, BUT ULTIMATELY, IN THE END, THEY WILL COLLAPSE OUR SYSTEM AND LEAVE US FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL AND FOOD WITH BULLETS AS THEY GO INTO THEIR BUNKERS. ANYONE WHO TRIES TO TALK US OUT OF SAVING OUR COUNTRY IS WORKING TO CONTINUE TO DESTROY IT. THIS IS THE LAST PEACEFUL MEANS BY WHICH WE CAN SAVE OUR COUNTRY. WE ARE WITHIN DAYS OF A TOTAL MONETARY SYSTEM COLLAPSE --- IT COULD HAPPEN ANY MOMENT ---- AND WE HAVE A CHANCE TO CHANGE THE ENTIRE WORLD IN FAVOR OF OUR PEOPLE. IGNORE ANYONE WHO SAYS THAT STAYING HOME WILL FIX THINGS. THE DAY HAS COME; LIKE IT OR NOT---- YOU WILL EITHER PARTICIPATE IN SAVING US, OR YOU WILL WATCH THE REST OF US. BE STRONG AND JOIN US, ESPECIALLY OF YOU ARE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT OR GOVERNMENT ---- JOIN US BY TURNING A BLIND EYE & REFUSE TO WORK FOR YOUR MASTERS (THE ELITE) --- WORK FOR THE PEOPLE. FROM NOW ON, DOING YOUR JOB MEANS BACKING OUR PEOPLE. DELAYING THIS WILL GIVE THEM ONE MORE DAY TO TAKE THEIR TRILLIONS OFFSHORE.
WHY: There are so many reasons why we need to rise up, but here are a few obvious ones that everyone is frustrated about, and until now, Americans have been told to wait for the next election to change things. That has gotten us nowhere because we all know that in the next election we will be faced with choosing one millionaire of another millionaire. It’s an endless cycle that has failed us miserably. We need to change things NOW! Our founding Fathers knew this day might come, and they suggested that we abolish a government that has become harmful and destructive.
a) Independent Truckers have an incentive to protest, because of dangerous regulation of New Hours of Service and are living on poverty wages like many others. Low wage jobs are all that is left. Our system is setup for the same slave labor we benefit from in China & Vietnam, and the truckers are the symbol we can all relate to. Workers must not be treated as slave laborers.
b) Fuel prices are unnecessarily high. This has especially hurt our truckers, but it is not limited to the trucking industry. Every American is now paying $4-$5.00 per gallon because the rich say so. The USA can drill for oil TOMORROW and bring the price of gasoline and diesel under $1.00 a gallon, but we are slaves to a bunch of Saudi’s. This can end tomorrow, and will if we rise up. Rich people don’t control us.
c) We now support Al Qaeda. This must end immediately. We have lost thousands of lives fighting Al Qaeda, now we need to arrest people like Obama and McCain for aiding them. We should do this on behalf of all the men and women who have given their lives for our country.
d) Obama must be impeached for the crimes he has committed while in office. Period. This is not a conspiracy theory, it is a fact that must be dealt with by our Congress. The only reason why he has not been impeached is because Congress refuses to. By not impeaching him, he is allowed to continue to commit crimes. If this is to be disputed, it should be before the Congress.
e) The banksters need to be thrown in jail. They must be stopped from stealing trillions of dollars from our country. If we do not rise up peacefully to stop them, it is guaranteed that their theft will result in a violent revolution when the money system ceases to function. This could occur any day now, but we can stop them on October 11th.
f) Our elected officials have allowed the NDAA to become law. This horrifying legislation that most Americans don’t know much about has converted our country from a free country to a tyrannical one. This is fact; not theory. The NDAA must be repealed along with any other unconstitutional legislation.
g) The US Constitution is being torn apart. We must arrest and try all legislators who violate the US Constitution. Feinstein wants to infringe upon the 1st, 4th and 2nd Amendment, and she should be removed from office and arrested. Obama signed the NDAA in secret, and uses every single shooting to try to brainwash people that the 2nd Amendment needs to be changed. Our government is doing everything they can to take away our God given rights and freedoms that the U.S. Constitution protects, and there is no enforcement of Constitutional law other than We The People. We must become the policemen for our constitution & show our politicians that there is a penalty for messing with our rights.
h) Obama runs our country by executive order, and each unconstitutional executive order must be repealed.
i) There are so many cover-ups it is almost impossible to list them here. Benghazi, Seal Team 6 Six, Osama Bin Laden death, drug running (CIA) and gun running by the US Justice Department (Eric Holder’s Fast & Furious). These must be investigated, and people need to be brought to justice.
j) We want our elected officials, law enforcement and government officials to operate lawfully and constitutionally. Nothing more; nothing less. If they refuse to do so, we need to join together to stop them, and this means everyone. If you are a fed, a member of the US Military, a law enforcement official, or a member of the judicial system, you have sworn an oath. You will either join us in upholding you oath, or you will immediately be considered our domestic enemy. The choice is yours, and we ask you to make a lawful one.
k) We want a peaceful resolution. We don’t even want this event to take place. If on October 10th, all congressman and senators agree to follow the US Constitution and the law, the event is not necessary. If they REFUSE to do so, they will be personally responsible for collapsing our system of commerce. The choice is theirs, and we are giving them until October 11th to decide.

https://www.facebook.com/truckerstoshutdownamerica

Hand full of truckers gave me an earful. They do not support a strike. Here is my rant on it.
===============
This week- I was degraded when I explained that monetary policy is important- debasing the money is theft and punishable by death. These posters agree with increasing the role of federal and world governance. In so many words I was told to leave when I state that inflation is theft- (that) you been robbed by the fed and dont even know or care about it. I was also asked to stop posting pics of local protests that some friends and I conducted. I bought up- that since 2008, costs to run a household are up substantially- that we need to get rid of the federal reserve. I thought the guys in that circle of things would have been smarter then they are- but they are not. They do not think the purpose of them to exist is to pay tribute to goldman sachs CEO. As a result I had to take my comments off of that wall/area/clique. The man on the street- wants to pay tribute to the fed. Some of these guys will go to the grave defending obama/bush. They know everything there is to know in life and cant possibly learn something from others. They "know", they have not been robbed, inflation is not a big deal- that the recession is over. They "know" that their party is better then that other party. They "know" that- they require government to fix things. They "know" the dollar has strong buying power, they "know" that they personally will never be required to pay the 17 trillion $ debt. They "know", because they have CNN/MSNBC/CBS/PBS/FOX and ABC. They know that official state comments are the only version of truth. Me, by merely questioning monetary policy, I am not welcome to make these statements. It costs about 50% to run a household then it did in 2008. Monetary policy does not effect the one- he told me he could have money in the Cayman Islands. I was asked how many read the constitution, and replied 3%- he thinks that number is too high and that the constitution does not matter. Money is only of value till we give it value. I pointed out that things are illegal- you cant hunt and fish and live off the land- you MUST pay federal reserve notes. So yes- you have to use their money system. All of this came up in regards to a 3 day general strike- with truckers- Oct- 11,12,13. Items like begzir were not important- we also must keep Obama care. So- the truckers do not want a trucker strike. They do not agree with the goals- of it- the list which about 70% of it - are things that need to happen. One of the guys buddy was a banker- so he is a keynesiam. In Greece that do general strikes- so in Greece the people are PO-ed off enough- it does not appear that folks in the US have had enough of it. One thing that floors- me- they think 1 person has to be in charge of a protest- and no one thus far has put one together that would remedy their concerns. Not only - this batch of truckers- they wont participate in the protest- but they also seek to stop the truckers who are going to participate in it. Apparently there is some type of trucker king- when he talks everyone listens. The protest can not insult the current administration- or focus on monetary policy. If you have a hard time living pay check to pay check you are supposed to become a decent bread winner- or change jobs. As early as 1907 think tanks plan all this stuff for us. I thought more of the trucker crowd would be tuned in to the patriot movement. Globalization I am told does not effect us. Then today one of these guys posted a link from a trucker publication- on the federal reserves prediction is that we could enter into a recession- since booms happen for 5 years we are over do for a new recession. Somehow I got the feeling insulting the federal reserve is like insulting Obama. Everything has to be the corporate left or right. 2008 TARP- who went to jail- now I am the bad guy for wanting others to know about monetary policy. They want to not participate in a 3 day shut down- and also want to shut me down and the others who will participate in it. But its like I said- our purpose in life is to pay tribute to Goldman Sachs. (its too bad I am not wrong...)

I still haven't been able to figure out why people accept and even expect inflation.

I still haven't been able to figure out why people accept and even expect inflation.

because theyve been told its good and that it will lift their house price.

I did well out of inflation but now get raped as I try to save my gains for retirement

People accept inflation because they accept the liars they vote into office. They either don't know the consequences of .gov actions, or they don't care: "Who's gonna give me the most."

It's really hard to be an optimist now (and I am not).

Maybe shutting the government down for a MONTH would be a fascinating experiment to watch unfold...

People accept inflation because they accept the liars they vote into office. They either don't know the consequences of .gov actions, or they don't care: "Who's gonna give me the most."

It's really hard to be an optimist now (and I am not).

Maybe shutting the government down for a MONTH would be a fascinating experiment to watch unfold...

(mentally tabulating number of adults in house, ammo, long arms) It would certainly reduce the number of people on my block. Wonder how far the smell will carry?

most of the folks on my block are on welfare.

Last edited:
From what I see- there will be some sort of protest that weekend.

I know alot of guys cant lose their jobs- think of how things get when there is a snow storm.

At least in terms of internet chatter- it looks like something will go on.

As to me participating- Im not sure it matters if I buy groceries one day or the next.

Back
Top Bottom