Neighbors and other trivia

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, my fucktarded neighbors are at it again. No longer owning a working car, they are relegated to walking and bumming rides everywhere they go, and it is getting quite boring telling them no all the time. We are now considered persona non grata since after giving them about thirty rides everywhere in the fucking county, I finally told them the taxi service was ending and if they wanted a ride somewhere I needed to not only be compensated for my fuel, but my time, which my firm bills out at $90 an hour.

Thinking I was joking, Dog Boy just laughed and walked back home without thanking me for the trip we just completed to the unemployment office to get his extension check. Yesterday, he was at my door asking to be driven to the grocery store, and before my wife could answer, I said “Sure, but I’ll need thirty dollars for time and gas”. He laughed and said “I’ll be at the truck”
So, I wait about fifteen minutes and wander out to the porch for a smoke and he says, “Are you ready yet”? to which I replied, “Do you have the thirty dollars”?. He looks at me with his head cocked like a dog you just beat because he did something yesterday, and doesn’t get it because he cannot make the association. I look back at him and repeat myself. He sort of looks at the ground and slowly turns away like he doesn’t quite understand and walks toward his house. He gets to the fence line and turns around then says, “Dude……are you serious”?? I indicate that I am, and he turns back to the house and goes inside, slamming the door behind himself. I went back inside and told my wife what went down, then walked to the fridge to get a snack.

About a half an hour goes by when his wife shows up at the door. I answer the door and basically repeat what I told her old man, and she asks me why I am being so selfish. A little bit pissed about the whole thing, I proceed to remind her about the forty hours and fifty gallons of gas I already dedicated to taxi service, and the fact that not only have they not paid one dime for the service, they had never even offered to help with gas. She just stood there for a minute, her squirrel like brain trying to find the words with which to respond. Not finding them, she too turned and walked back to their house, slamming the door as she went back inside.

Now these are not very bright people to begin with, but this is getting ridiculous. Not only do they appear to feel entitled to the unlimited personal use of my vehicle, but they are genuinely pissed that I have the temerity to point out my direct costs associated with the [thankless to date] task of being their personal taxi service. Since they have zero money beyond his unemployment benefits which total only 250 a week in Florida, and a hundred or so in food stamps, they have no money for beer and dope so their “friends” who used to be over all the time, and drank their beer so freely, no longer come by or call any more. Imagine that. Just as their friends no longer frequent the once very busy party house, their parents have stopped coming over as well, probably because they are tired of the constant begging for money and rides.

I imagine it is but a matter of time before they are thrown out of the house for non-payment, at which point I will snap up the house and bulldoze it, annexing it as my new side yard.

I pray that day comes sooner than later.

Last edited:
heartless bastard :rotflmbo:

Quite scary when they cant even comprehend that its NOT someone elses problem but theirs.

We've created a world of 'not my fault, not my problem' with a social support system to ensure this thinking.

It isnt going to be pretty .....

Apart from the demo pictures you will hopefully post up, when the time comes.

-- it is more then gas...

You know I use my mountain bike for quite a few errands- to include getting groceries- on a small trip to the store.

Today I got rxs, merigolds, milk and cheese...

Ancona,

clearly you do care about your retard neighbours, otherwise the taxi service would never have happened in the first place.

And now you watch as their lives predictably unravel.

As a neighbour its not easy to turn your back, so at what point in their downward spiral would you do something ?

Would you buy em a cheap vehicle when their house is repossessed so they can actually go 'somewhere' ?
Would you help em move the heap of crap thay call posessions, to some trailer park ?
Would you 'lend' em a deposit so they are able to rent a trailer ?

Or would you turn your back on the desperation that is inevitable ?

How would you deal with seeing em in that food queue the next time you dropped off some surplus ?

Could be some difficult decisions ahead ......

Actually Rblong, I do not give a shit about them.

The reason I drove them around was because if no one drove them, they would be relegated to stealing from the neighborhood. Of course, they already have done so on a limited scale, but so far it has been little shit from peoples sheds and unattended stuff in their yards. I got with some friends in the area and we decided to get them to the point where they were collecting their "benefits" so at least they wouldn't need to break in to our homes.

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer.

That said, my altruism is finished. These losers wouldn't even offer a simple thank you, so fuck 'em.

Last edited:
Thanks for the story... it's a hell of a good laugh for a Monday morning.

Have you ever seen the show "Moonshiners" on the Discovery Channel? For some reason, I picture your neighbors as carbon copies of the guy named Tickle.

Anyway, I think you have done your fair share --- and more --- as a neighbor!

ADK

so things boiled over...

It was only a matter of time. If I were you, I'd offer to take them to a swap meet/pawn shop where they can look into buying bikes to get around. Maybe even do it over a beer so they are more receptive. Do it on a day you'll already be out and about. That way they can get more independent and there isn't tension.

Back
Top Bottom