No ring on her finger

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So my friend J- been seeing a trucker- booty call is what it is. The guy is a tight wad and never takes her to dinner- nothing.

She met some other guy who seems more generous. This new guy actually has a chance with her.

He is planning to give her a dozen roses.

The trucker is about to lose out to some older guy- and all he would have had to do was to bring her fast food now and then, flowers- maybe dinner.

I would not be shocked if the new guy even bought her a used car.

Woman like little things- cards- poems, flowers, it does not have to be fancy.

The trucker has had ample time-

It is not too late for the trucker. A ring would do wonders.

lol- the new guy never showed up at the bar- but called her numerous time. Traffic from little league world series too heavy. Well take the other road, DUH.

It is not too late for the trucker. A ring would do wonders.
Um, if the guy hasn't bought her dinner, he isn't likely looking to buy a ring.
Your friend needs to pick some better men if she is looking for a husband, and the bar would be waaaay down on the list of where to find them.

I know- but she is 51 and needs to find someone before it is too late.

For sure. I guess he give her an orgasm. Which we do not know if the older guy would. Not everyone likes to... do everything for the woman. So guys do- but some wont.

Ut oh. Now the trucker is talking more serious. I really think she should back off from the other guy. I advised her not to go out to where he goes- and she is not listening.

...you can lead a horse to water...

LOL- well that glass of wine hit me. I told her to "do alot of listening and dont talk much".

That could apply to every gal in the valley here!! ;-0

Ask her if she would like to have her picture posted here, Penn.

I see that pmbug.com now has over 200 members, maybe a single guy (and likely to be of high quality, not to mention being financially prudent) from here might be a better pick for her.

I personally don't care what a woman looks like (outside of gross fat) much at all. More important issues are, can we stand one another's craziness, and is she a batshit crazy wallet-seeking parasite or someone who can/will do their share in any sense whatever. Good health, important. Smiles - crucial. Good looks - optional and often cloud the other issues.

She absolutely will not meet men online. Sorry guys. I know you would be good for someone. It just is not "her".

She likes to go out dancing to country bars... there seems to be a group of ladies that run in that circle. Friday night is a must- and often Saturday night. She never goes out on other days. The place MUST have a dance floor- and be reasonably priced.... and must have BOOZE too!!

Pre-screeing is fine Penn - my last came from just such a place, and frankly, I don't want to go back there.

She absolutely will not meet men online. Sorry guys. I know you would be good for someone. It just is not "her".

She likes to go out dancing to country bars... there seems to be a group of ladies that run in that circle. Friday night is a must- and often Saturday night. She never goes out on other days. The place MUST have a dance floor- and be reasonably priced.... and must have BOOZE too!!
You don't catch tropical fish in the Arctic ocean.
She is going to end up with a man whose goal in life is to spend Friday - Saturday nights at a bar and see what kind of woman he can pick up.
Sorry Penn, but in years of counseling I am telling you that the pattern is there and there are almost nil exceptions.

Jet- you dont have to sugar coat it.

First she tells the guy she wants to spend the rest of her life with him- then she tells him- she cant risk getting off of programs. (section 8, food stamps- etc)

I stand by my advice- do alot of listening and dont talk too much. I had no wine tonight.

Not around here, they don't. The few there are that are single are all batshit crazy and only want money. The type that live with 158 cats and no litter box. The good ones are married - not for me.

Plenty wallet-seeking young stuff, though. But I don't want to be cradle robbing or raising a kid (eg, the chick herself).

Love is over rated. It also is for young people... not really those over 40

Not around here, they don't. The few there are that are single are all batshit crazy and only want money. The type that live with 158 cats and no litter box. The good ones are married - not for me.

Plenty wallet-seeking young stuff, though. But I don't want to be cradle robbing or raising a kid (eg, the chick herself).
DC - there are single women with common sense out there. Really.

For every complaint men have about woman, woman have about men.

Be glad you pool is 10x bigger to choose from. Tho I love to hear you posts!! :)

It was not too long ago- J and I had an argument- and I finally said- I feel like no matter what I say- it is the wrong thing.

She likes to be a victim- no one will help her get a car. If I get another car I offered to let her have my old one at the cost of the junk yard. Happily she declined. It needs work. Tho runs for the most part. So she wants to find a man who will help her get a car- but it has to be nicer then the one I am driving now. It is everyones fault but hers. She has whined about this for over a year now. Wont cut back on phone features- saved nothing- spent the junk fee she got for her old one... and when I confront her on it- she mentions her grandchildren need to eat/heat/water.

The more I say- the more you can see how I dont want to be in the middle of it. I can say things here because no one knows her. I cant say anything on facebook.

She's getting better daily, eating like a hog, and of course, not enjoying the cage the vet wants her to stay in. I let her out last night since I was working in the shop anyway, and that made her real happy. Had to get something upstairs, and was surprised she followed me up - she can barely walk but was just lonely for lap.

Yes, I love cats in single digit numbers. The weird woman I had in mind really does have way over 100, and you can smell her house from 1/4 mile away.

While it's true for every complaint men have about women, there's such a thing as some complaints being reasonable, and some not. One I lived with constantly complained I didn't give her more money than I did - and all she ever did around here was watch TV and eat - I cooked, cleaned, mowed, gardened, fixed everything she broke, provided 100% of everything - but it wasn't enough. I guess a few hundred a month play money wasn't enough pay to watch TV and get quite fat on my cooking.
I think it depends on the individuals involved which are valid complaints.

I knew a gal that figured if she put out in bed- she did not have to cook.

It was not too long ago- J and I had an argument- and I finally said- I feel like no matter what I say- it is the wrong thing.

...you know that philosophical question: "When a tree fells in the middle of the forest, and nobody can hear it - did it actually happened?"

I've seen that paraphrased that way (and I absolutely LOVE IT :D):

"If a man talks to himself, in the middle of the forest, and no woman can hear him - is he still wrong?"

:rotflmbo:

So more has gone on. I just left a message on her machine- IMO neither guy is worth going after.

//

The trucker is flaky- and the other guy is a drunk.

Comical. The drunk guy is going to "help" her get a car. She is to open a sep savings account and he will give her $20-$30 as he has it.

...what strings could there possibly be??? lol

lets see, I dropped out of high school (never went to college until I was 29). I'm an overpaid produce clerk. (15.10 a hour).

My wife is a professor, speaks seven languages, taught elementary for five years also, has her masters, (and is essentially responsible for everything material we have). We have a saying, ever since we got married, I give Bing everything I make, and Bing keeps everything she makes.

At work, I told them I hate minorities, and married Bing because I wanted a subservient sex slave. (they think I'm nuts).

Back
Top Bottom