An Open Letter to the Men and Women of the Connecticut State Police

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well, I don't care about what justification you think you have (and which might be in some obscure law, like the bill of rights) - it's never wise to openly challenge cops or other legal powers.

Look, I had the DEA "visit" me - I was innocent. They figured that out, but "just in case" they brought in bags of some white powder, stacked them up, put me in front of them in handcuffs and took pix of it. Along with my guns (lots). My dead body would have worked better for them, I suppose, but I managed to penetrate their humanity, which is something I'd not count on - it was very touch and go for awhile there. I have lots of guns, but they have more and more people to shoot them. I saw, first-hand, 5 guys with .40's pointed at me well enough I could see the chambered rounds, 3 guys with 2 mp5's and one shotgun, and a sniper on the hill - for three people total on my land.

And now - they also know who's planning what, if they do it any other way than face to face - and maybe in some cases, even then. Two can keep a secret if one is dead.
The 1776 revolution would have been impossible to even get begun if the British had the tools these guys have, and use, then. Another path will have to be found.
You'd never pull together enough to handle even a squad like what I faced. And even if you did - what about all the rest of them? There's a lot of 'em, you know. Kill a cop - you die.

at least you didn't get your throat slit in a Boston shootout....
good grief.

thought the op said Connecticut Police State ........

And I have to agree that its not smart to confront authority no matter how badly they behave.
They want you to do this so they can justify their evil bullying ways.

Better to watch and learn ways to not get onto their radar and go do the things you choose to do without their attention being drawn.

But then again I have huge respect for the Oathkeepers and similar movements to protect basic rights and freedoms.

Theres a place for anyone who questions the need for control by authorities and there need to be different ways to challenge or circumvent.

The more they need to control the more it indicates how fearful they have become and ultimately force will fail as it collapses in on itself.

If you want a new system you do better to build a new one and make the old one irrelevant.

It can be difficult. Just by "checking out" of their game - that makes them wonder why you're not playing like all the other sheep, even if you do nothing negative re authority at all - just don't play a standard game - you stand out by being invisible, it seems.

That's what I found out when I moved away from it all, or thought I did. Oh, no, this guy doesn't have a W2 form, but has money - must be a drug manufacturer (couldn't possibly own a business that writes software, invents product for big manufs, telecommuting, which was the case then, but it wasn't on most people's radar back then as a possible way to make a living).

I fit the profile perfectly - I'm skinny and wired. I'd had domestic issues - which wound up with the wife in psych eval, not me. I had money, but didn't commute to a job or file "normal human" taxes - the business did that. I had people come and go, who also had money, at all hours. I called them contractors and we called it flex time, but hey, they must have been drug mules, right?

OK, I was gloriously lucky (some earned) - I was able to act very relaxed in the face of contradicting orders - like "freeze" and "come out with your hands up" - can't do both, can you? At our hourly rate, it was actually cheaper for us to have caviar flown in for lunch than to take the drive to the nearest burger joint, and work while we waited for it, rather than go off clock for a couple hours (you plan ahead if you live here - we had a nice employee kitchen too, for just that reason, cheaper yet).

They really flipped out when they saw my well equipped chem lab, which wasn't involved in making drugs (didn't even have the right precursor chemicals or gear, which you can buy at any walmart anyway), but other things that scared them worse - high explosives for a patent I was working on to micro-weld fine pitch flat cable to printed circuit boards (saved ~$2 on every laptop and flip phone that bought the machine from the guys I designed it for, back when such things were made).

I explained to them that if we wanted drugs, there's this new-fangled thing called a telephone, and they can be delivered to our door, and then we don't have to deal with those losers so often...

I told them they sent the wrong guys, and to look me up - they sent the BATFE a couple days later, this time after "looking me up" and found that when I worked for the .gov, I had clearances, access, and pay grade way past them...they were really nice and polite after that, kind of the opposite of the Ruby Ridge incident (which was also caused by a female, RandyW wasn't that much of a radical, but his wife sure was, which is why they shot her, not him - he just mainly refused to fall into their entrapment, which angered them, and yes, we've met - he's an idiot, now working the gun-show circuit and signing his daughter's book about it, but hopefully, I'm not an idiot).

They had a rather thick (paper!) dossier on me, that they wouldn't even let me look in, but I know most of what's in it - having been the guy it was about. Lots of gold stars there, you could tell by their apology and behavior once they looked me up.
They found out, as I'd told them - hey guys, we work the same side of the street,
OK?
(If you have access to the vault, you can look up the story in detail there)

But hey, who expects the FBI/DEA (there wasn't a DHS then yet) to actually look up the SSN of a target before attacking based on some weird assumption, even when the local cops tell them they are barking up the wrong tree? It's not the smart ones that are attracted to that job, mainly. I stay in touch with one I happened to like, just in case - they do have a few good guys. They asked me to tell them if anyone wanted to learn bomb-making from me, while wearing a towel on their head, you know.

I agreed, so perhaps that'd make me a snitch if it ever were to happen. But there are no such people around here, and if there were, I'd likely just give them a recipe that wouldn't work in some very embarrassing way, and maybe injure the guy trying to do it a little. Then call my local FBI and warn them...

For the lulz, you understand. If you need advice on how to do that from a stranger, you probably shouldn't go there.

Waste of at least $50k of gov money, a few K$ of my property (hey, if you pull on a push-to-open door hard enough, you break it, you know?), and by golly, scared a few years off my life. They acted like they were on meth (pretty scary when they have loaded weapons and are sweating and shaking as they point them at you)...One of them picked up a book from our library - "Great raids in history" - I laughed out loud, this one certainly didn't rate. A neighbor had called me - they'd staged in gossip-central up the street before coming! City boys. Don't get me started. Community is where it's at.

Back
Top Bottom