pondering giving away a ring

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
So- I have my late dads wedding ring.

Here is the delemna.

I want to give it to my nephew- he is 24, and now has a son. We all have the name roger in our name. Being that he is next of kin- closer then my sisters boys- ...the problem is- I dont know if he is responsible enough to have this ring.

Any thoughts?

PS- I like this group. It is a smaller crowd- but the posts are quality. I popped into an old board I used to hang on- and it seems like 5th graders have taken it over.

Then give it to him :) If he's irresponsible with it, that doesn't take away from your kindness.

Some years ago, there were a few times I wore it- to take pressure off of me. (to look married at work)

I am not one to wear jewelry- or accessories.

The nephew- well I dont want it to end up in a pawn shop. On the other hand- the gesture it just the right thing to do. I cant take the ring with me. ..I can never pawn it. and I dont wear jewelry.

Back
Top Bottom