Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #21
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by Penn View Post:
I would never ever, ever do anything even slightly illegal. It could be better then invasive weeds.

When I say medical grade- I mean it comes from a dispensary to (usually a cancer victim)

Dont forget they spray all type of things on the stuff.

Mr Average breaks the law at least once a day from speeding to illegal downloading
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...wnloading.html

at least if you grow it you know it wasn't sprayed!
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #22
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Seriously Penn, I know a number of people that grow a plant or two, once or twice a year. It's for various reasons, but usually arthritis. I see absolutely no harm in some retired dude blowing a joint now and then to ease their pain, absolutely nothing. Weed has been largely decriminalized, that is unless you get popped in your car with a pound of the stuff. Just a few joints is at most, a ticket with an appearance before some bored judge who will fine you and slap your wrist. We had a lot of local outcry over a tax increase to fund more jail expansion. That resulted in a resounding defeat when it got voted on, meaning that local cops would no longer look at personal amounts of weed as a jailable offense.

That is how it should be at a minimum. there are now a number of states that do not bother with it at all.

Last edited by ancona; 09-20-2013 at 12:48 PM.
ancona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #23
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Seriously Penn, I know a number of people that grow a plant or two, once or twice a year. It's for various reasons, but usually arthritis.
wow, arthritis? I'm gonna keep this in mind. My fingers are starting to twist (I'm only 54). Right now its my knees that hurt. I take glocosamin chondroiton, and the pain goes away. When the pain goes away, I forget to take the GC. The pain comes back. When the pain comes back, I remember, ad infiniteum...

Old 09-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 249 times
Hell yeah on the smokes.

Somehow my pain pills were kicked back to India- so I went shopping for a garden plant.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #25
Yellow Jacket

I won't post anything on the site Penn, but there are a thousand different seed exchanges around where you can, for a dollar or two, pick up seeds from a known hybrid marijuana plant that will germinate and grow, with the proper attention of course. Many folks grow indoors under a florescent light set-up and do just fine. When you top the plant regularly so it will bush out more [I've heard ;-)] the yield increases quite a bit.

SWIM grew some fine buds back in the day with little effort. So little that he was amazed. His mother never caught on that SWIM was growing weed in his bedroom closet, above the ceiling in the attic space that was separated from the great room by a demising wall. SWIM also piggybacked the great room ceiling light to run his three bulb florescent, and his mom to this day, has/had no idea. It really is that easy. As long as it has nutrients [SWIM used Miracle Grow plant food and extended release stuff as well] it will thrive. Light is also important as is temperature, but if your set-up includes a little enclosure made from visqueen, the lights will provide enough heat to maintain 82 - 88 degrees.

SWIM did three rotations of two plants a year and got about five ounces per rotation. [SWIM had lots of friends who smoked and needed cash....so.....]

Last edited by ancona; 09-20-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Big fingers versus elf sized laptop keys. Fingers lose
Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #26
Jay
Yellow Jacket

what does SWIM stand for? SomeWhiteImprovisingMale?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #27
Yellow Jacket

Someone
Who
Isn't
Me

;-)
Jay likes this.

Last edited by ancona; 09-21-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #28
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Someone
Who
Isn't
Me

;-)
I saw that face on ZH, he said my GF isn't Chinese, she's qwerty...
ancona likes this.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #29
Yellow Jacket

Today- my Dr had me sign a opiates and narcotics Dr agreement.

I want to understand it completely because they terminate these- they are serious. I was to pick one pharmacy that controlled meds will be used. (so this included the xanax and Ritalin.)

The can end it- make me see a pain Dr- send me to PT- they can randomly drug test me, and conduct a random pill count check.

I know drug tests are evolved- they can tell the difference between Vicodin and parcoden, etc. In other words they can tell other forms of opiates in the body. It is describe to me too- that they use it to make sure I am taking it like I should be- and that it does not end up on the street.

The contract spells out no illegal drugs- and specifies pot. Mentions excess booze.

Can not go to more then one Dr for controlled meds, can not ask for a refill too early. Can not ask- after 5 or on holidays or weekends.

It says any changes require a DR visit.

I am hoping they dont send me to a pain clinic.

So when I chose pharmacies- I went with the new mom and pops place. I like that I dont have to wait upwards of an hour like I do at CVS. The bad part tho- is they are not open on Sundays. But CVS gave me an attitude a few times- like I am some bad person- and now they get in the face push flue shots- they make you walk thru the entire store- even if you just need the pharmacy. In other words- they push their marketing on me.

I re-read the agreement. I cant figure out- if anyone from the Drs office comes to my house for the random drug test.

I read - on the logic of these agreements- 1/3 are flat out addicts- 1/3 are in a gray line- but considered abusive and thus inappropriate. The final 1/3 of those who sign are appropriate patients.

If he pushes a pain clinic- I would rather have the physical therapy and have it local. Tho to be frank- I dont want to be bothered at all.

One thing I expect- when I cyber in the renew- when I go to pick up the paper rx- they might have me to a urine drug test. They will look for other banned drugs- but they will ALSO check to see if the Vicodin is in my pee.

The agreement says I can only have 1 theft in my lifetime and that must have a police report to document it.

As you know- I had someone hold some meds- well she is away - for a heart attack. I called about a safe deposit box- that would cost $25 + $5. I might keep pills there and go once a week. The one thing is- I am in the middle of a chapter 7 bankruptcy- if I open a box- does that get called into question.... I would keep the meds in the original legal container. If I go once a week- that could work.

Needless to say- there wont be anything ordered online any more.

I am allowed 4 vicos a day- he wrote for 30 days. No way will he agree to go higher then the 4- and asking him too- would be a certain pain dr referral.

The other thing is I have medicare and medicaid- I could go for endless treatments and the medical people get paid- it is good for their profits to send those with insurance on every test/service they can.

This also means- now the ADD/ADDH med- we agreed- that I could refill it after 23 days- since the ins allows 2 tabs a day and not 3- this pill has to line up with the vicodon now. It may sound terrible- but that is ok- because when I have opiates I do not need as many ADD pills. This also effects the xanax- they let you go 5 days early- but it is controlled- so asking for that too soon- possibly voids out our agreement.

On xanax- for the past months I have S hold them at her house-then every night I bring home one.

The only person I would trust to hold any rx is S. One other person I will need to put some distance- as that person tries to obtain my pills. This change- is too much- to lose - that I would risk it.

I personally know 2 people that were cut off from Dr over those agreements. One took her husbands pain pills a few days- it came up in the pee test- one she did not know she was having. The other went in for invasive surgery, and that meant 20 pain pills were wrote by the other dr- which basically terminated her agreement- even tho it was an honest mistake.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #30
Jay
Yellow Jacket

sounds like your gonna need a day planner...
Penn likes this.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #31
Yellow Jacket

There are 2 banks in town. I went to the cheaper priced but further away one- and they wont let me open one unless I have a checken/savings with $100 min at all times.

So I popped into the one few blocks closer. The fee is $25 for a year- it is 5ish by 5ish- so it is a bigger box. Shocking to see- it is made out of plastic!! I asked if going in once a week is too often- they said I could go in every day if wanted to.

Once or twice a week- should be good.

The pills are in a current legal bottle. I dont think they can confiscate that- or I dont think so.

This helps too- because being that S is in a nursing home x will volunteer for her to hold my pills for me- for my own benefit of course!! (yeah right) S can be trusted- X not so much.

The bank is close enough to bike ride.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #32
PM Bug Supporter

Liked: 691 times

Hey, since it's soon to be legal in Colorado (and Washington state as well I believe), I started a new thread on the "weed situation" there in CO.

Anyone with friends or relatives there might wish to inquire how strict UPS (etc.) are likely to be after Jan 1...

The future there is very bright! Or smoky. Or sumthin'...
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #33
Yellow Jacket

They also said there could be random pee tests to make sure the drug is in me.

I was thinking of ordering a drug test so I can find out.

Lets suppose I use 4 weeks up in 3 weeks- then walk in for the renew- then then ask for a pee test- well if I did not have any in me for a week- they will not allow it- because I could have sold them. So they said they might heck for that. Reading up- it sounds like 3 days is the number- so if I know I am walking into get it renewed- take the doses for 3 days prior to that.

I also know you cant mix the types of opiates. That some of that they can pick up. I know someone that her husbands worked better then hers so she took some of his- she got caught- even tho hers is more seriously controlled- she got in trouble, not him on that.

The pill bottle says up to 4 a day- or no more then 4 a day. Something to that effect.

I was digging around on their website to see if they had stuff posted on all this-- nothing.

One friend feels that if I dont ask to change or increase this -that nothing will come of it- she said 4 vicos 5/500 is low- that it is what they start you on. I dont really want to be on more then that- the stuff wont work if you take it all the time.

I dont want to live the lifestyle- where every day is a medical thing appointment day- and the only thing to think about 24-7 is being a pain patient.

Being a pain patient is like being a criminal- and yes- I know a good many of them sell their pills. I dont have to- nor do I want to. This regiment also means I dont have to order tramadol online from india. I said I could cut back- but this is when I thought he was treating 15 days in a month, not the full 30.

So we are at $200 a month that this saves me. I spent that online- etc before.

So 3 days prior is like 12 pills- that I have to make sure I have before a urine test... I could be optimistic and decide that it wont- happen- but most likely it IS going to happen.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #34
PM Bug Supporter

Liked: 691 times

They're making it complicated for you, Penn! Geez, just to "do what you are supposed to do" is pretty hard to figure out... It looks like they want to see some hydrocodone in your system when you go in for your pee check, and not other opiates.

Yet you said you do not want to become overly-addicted, I hear ya (fun news tomorrow).

Here's an idea. Since you are getting SOME Vicodin, maybe not enough, but SOME, why not try to use less than normal. This would further three goals:

1) Using less means less addiction potential

2) You can slowly build up a small stash in case of emergencies (say the Dr. is not around on a long weekend, that (in a different context) happened to me once, just on a Saturday over Memorial Day weekend, and my wife wasn't around either)

3) You can later ask for more (I think you mentioned that one of your friends said 5/500 might not be enough, if you wait a bit and then go in with your tale of pain and woe, maybe the Drs. will "credit" you for trying the lower dose, and maybe you can get something more appropriate)

You are suffering worse than I ever have, so take my suggestion for what it's worth (very little). But, if you can put up with some pain, you might try taking 1/2 a Vicodin each time, or just three per day (vs. 4).

Good luck! You are a decent dude who deserves better from the medical/legal system. And they wonder why so many of us now hate the government...
Penn likes this.
DoChenRollingBearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #35
Yellow Jacket

I was looking at ebay for kits.

Seems like this should not be real hard. If you have 1 spec of it in your system- you can test positive for a drug test. In the past when I was going thru the welcome to injuries life- there were lawsuits and the fear that I may never walk again. That litigation is over- and I did not lose my ability to walk.

I tend to doubt I am actively on a list- that they are going to seek out to make sure I get fried.

I do not get brushes with the law. As a rule I do not make a pest out of myself.

These agreements are routine in the area- and all the drs know eachother- they will call eachother and advise.

This agreement means I do not have to look on the street or order online. I realistically can function with the allotment the Dr set.

This saves me $200 a month. That is $200 I could use to go see my brother out of state, it means I can pay ahead on heat and other utitlites, it means I can stack again.

I keep to myself- dont go to bars- or parties.

It will work out.
rblong2us likes this.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #36
Yellow Jacket

The bank box idea is not working out as well as I thought. This is a small town and the clerks get gitty and curious when a guy like me comes in with no wedding ring.

Not sure what I will so.

I wonder how many is too many in one day. I just made some eggs- get them ate before I take anything.