rut- rxs- Chicago- health issues, sanity, no sleep

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Ever since my neighbor had a heart attack- my health- mental well being has declined- this is 6 months. She is trying to get better.

You may recall- a post I did a while back- happy that I could get pain pills from my Dr. Often the choice is bombed out of my head, this cold snap- tells me I have my grampas genes- his legs would be in so much pain he told gram he wished he were dead. For 15 years tho- he became a snow bird. The FL weather was easier on him. He Winterized his PA house, and went to central GOP area of FL - and lived in a camp ground, gated, and for retired folks only. The money he saved on his heat made up for the cost of the camp. (sort of)

Back to my rut-

In light of my declined physical and mental state- I have a wild idea. Before that- to update you on my last trip to Chicago-I patched things up with my brother.
http://www.pmbug.com/forum/f9/i-am-back-chicago-2971/

A person in my life- I known my whole life- in Chicago- is coming into a settlement check. (a cousin) She wants to pay for my trip from PA to Chicago. I will only drive that trip- so there is no airport thing. Our uncle just passed away- so she is wanting family. When I seen she was serious about paying for a trip- I told her I need $300 to make that trip. Figure a good 1400 miles round trip- gas, tolls, quart of oil, coffee, and a burger on the road. This cost assumes- I have a couch to crash on and am not doing tourist things, etc. Last night she told me she agrees to $325. I will be staying with her. My last 3 trips have been 4 days- door to door. Of course always bring more money then you need.

My neighbor says- that all my meds are cancelling eachother out.

When I am in Chicago- I do NOT need the same doseage as I do here.

I do however require- SOME. On my last visit- mom and all wanted us to go to lunch- I am mentally like - do we have to- lets get it over with- so I took a pain pill- and 10 mins later I was good to go. When I see my 3 nephews it is so worth it!

When the DR authorized pain pills-I was happy days are here again. This means I have extra cash!! I was buying them online and on the street.
Understand that this "trade" is fluid. If you are out of the scene- you cant break back into it- so to some extent you have to play ball or throw a good referral. Same deal with online. The point is I will need SOMETHING- for the trip.

I can buy tramadol online--and seriously I think this is a better pill then vicodin. However a dr told me that tramadol will (?) not be appropriate due to other medications. He did not say which one- and this was an urgent care dr- not my long time DR.

Once again- there is a nationwide ADHD/ADD pill shortage. So I had to call my Drs office 4 times. I hate being a pain in the azz- but I wanted that rx NOW- not some time in April.

The point on all of this post is- I am thinking on MORE trips to Chicago- even if I have to sell $300 of my stack each trip. I know this is for someday and the crash and I might even regret it. But honestly- it is like I am already dead on some days.

Back
Top Bottom