Saturday mini rant

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well it’s Saturday and this hurricane is ruining the weather so I am sitting in front of the idiot box watching and listening to some of the most idiotic drivel I have ever heard. I am constantly amazed at how uniformly stupid these “commentators” on TV really are. Just to piss myself off, I cruised the mainstream for over an hour going from CNN to ABC then to CBS and finally MSNBC. Each and every one of the channels were going on and on about Hurricane Sandy, speculating on possible effects on voting, possible flooding of NYC subway tunnels and so on and so on. What struck me as odd was how every single mention of Obama and voting day were speculating on how there was a possibility that Obama could lose the election as a result of damaged infrastructure and the notion that while Romney supporters would likely go out in bad weather to vote, Obama supporters would not. One commentator went as far as to say that perhaps the election should be moved to December so that voters in the affected region would not be “disenfranchised”. What a load of bullshit. I say bring it on. Did they cancel elections after Andrew? How about Katrina, Ike and Ivan? No they did not, and they should not do so this time. If this storm was headed for Texas, there would be zero of this speculation because Obama is a sure loser there, but since this storm is headed deep into democrat territory, the sycophantic media are all over it. I say fuck ‘em and feed ‘em fish heads.

Have you seen the video put out by that leftarded chick comparing voting for Obama to her first sexual encounter? I say it was spot on. According to her, voting Obama was like losing her virginity, so that means it hurt like hell, left her all bloody, and the next day after she sobered up, she felt ashamed and used. Yup, I’d say that about sums it up.

On to the self-misery section of this rant. It seems that a huge project that we won a significant portion of sub-contract remediation work on has been placed in limbo due to sour grapes by one of the losing bidders who “protested” the award. This work, 75% of which could have been billed out by January or early February, also represented a full quarter of our work backlog, which has now been significantly reduced. In fact, without this project, I will be forced to lay off nearly two dozen more employees, just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Shit is really starting to get out of hand with the federal side of our business, and award protests have become the norm rather than the rarity they once were. All of this merely serves to fuck the little guys [like me for instance] and place the project in eternal limbo. The protest process, including all of the permitted appeals, can go on for over a year, and I simply do not have that kind of float time. This project, renovations to the Multi Payload Processing Facility [the MPPF] is a critical clean room utilized to load, encapsulate and test/prepare satellites etc. for space flight, to include loading of hypergolic fuels [monomethyl hydrazine] and oxidizers [nitrogen tetroxide] which help adjust and maintain the desired altitude when inserted in to orbit. The rationale behind protests is that they often result in a project being re-bid, making it difficult for the original winner to re-win the project without making even more cuts to their price, and ultimately forcing me to lower my prices as well. I’m so totally sick and tired of this horseshit that I can barely contain myself.

Moving from self-pity to sheer anger, I find myself contemplating the fate of our financial system, which seems to be teetering on the edge of the abyss, and which any single black swan could be the impetus for collapse. Greece must decide by Sunday night whether or not to permit the Troika to become their slave overlords by accepting the radical terms required to disburse the next tranche of international loan money. This money by the way is cash they are borrowing merely to meet their interest and payment obligation on the bonds they sold to major European banking centers. It is beyond absurd to presume that feeding Greece even more debt to pay off interest on existing debts and to pay off maturing debts resolves anything whatsoever. I think that if Greece goes Iceland on the banksters it will start a waterfall of debt repudiations throughout the Eurozone, wiping out the entire world banking system as it is currently constructed. That is one event that is scarier than any other thing on this planet. A banking collapse and the attending loss of all faith in fiat currency will be the end of the world as we know it. I guess we’ll have to wait and see who blinks first.

On to the neighborhood. There is a pack of miscreant little juvenile fucktarded prick-monsters at the end of our street that for all intents and purposes, are unsupervised in any meaningful way. These little bastards have broken in to my vehicles, my shed and more recently, they have attempted to break in to my home. When I showed their parents the video of two of them trying to use a bump key on my front door, I got the deer in the headlights response. When I told them I was getting the States Attorney and Sherriff involved they actually had the temerity to get defensive and angry, insisting that the video meant nothing and that I was misinterpreting it. Unfuckingbelievable. When I informed them [in the presence of the Sherriff no less] that if this happens again and I am at home that I intend to shoot the fuckers through the door with 12 gauge shotgun slugs, they decided to cooperate. So, two of the older boys copped to stealing change from the console in my truck and to stealing and snorting some pills I put in an old oxycodone prescription bottle that were in fact birth control pills, since they are in fact dumbasses and didn’t think I knew they were pilfering from my truck. The Sherriff got a pretty good chuckle out of that one. Anyway, they were both processed and given a home detention sentence of 14 months while wearing an ankle bracelet with a GPS unit. Now that the parents have been severely inconvenienced they seem to have taken more interest in these punks’ activities, and hopefully that leads to better supervision. I may have just painted a target on my back but……fuck it man, a little schaudenfreude goes a long way with me.

So, I continue to stack, store and prep, all with the hope that me and mine can make it through whatever crazy shit goes down on, around or After this election. If the entitled class melts down and decides to burn down the inner cities as they have extensively “tweeted”, I WILL be ready.

Sorry for the rant. 

I would have put laxatives in the bottle.

The feral kids- this is what happens when heterosexuals have children.

Last edited:
I really, really do not know what to say about the complete fucktardization of our country and in particular your situation and neighborhood, ancona.

You should count yourself lucky in one sense though, some OTHER states have Sheriffs that might have gone after YOU for putting the wrong pills in the OXYCODONE bottle! Why that's almost entrapment... :rotflmbo:

And the parents had a lot of nerve, protesting that little precious-es on videotape is a BAD thing?!?!

Based on numerous of your stories about contracting w/ NASA and other .gov entities, I see why you are hard at work re your preps. I do not really know what else to suggest, other than keep that up.

Even though there are a lot of "locusts" in your neighborhood should the SHTF, it looks like the bad part of the herd is so stupid that they could be culled by trespassing on your property if things go south. You are smart to be part of a group, I have seen that a good team is able to get things done that an individual cannot (our bearing company in Peru is the best example I can think of).

Keep your spirits up, and rant here (that is good for you; entertaining AND educational for us -- especially for me as I do not have to deal with the scuzzballs like you have to every friggin' day).

I read something about BEAR PEPPER SPRAY (pepper spray to be used on bears by hikers I presume, I also presume that is a BIG DOSE coming out of there) might send the young shitheads back to momma real fast...

The feral kids- this is what happens when heterosexuals have children.

I'm no biology major, but last time I checked, only heterosexuals were able to have children - naturally of course.

...I read something about BEAR PEPPER SPRAY (pepper spray to be used on bears by hikers I presume, I also presume that is a BIG DOSE coming out of there) might send the young shitheads back to momma real fast...

I read something about Bear Pepper Spray also. Did yours happen to be on "Natural News" as well?

... A banking collapse and the attending loss of all faith in fiat currency will be the end of the world as we know it. ...

It's TEOTWAWKI and I feel fine.

:rimshot:

Ancona, I LOVE your Saturday rants. We have the same BS here. Republic of Texas grandkids down the street don't go to school (or home school either.) Spend their time vandalizing the local high school, vehicles etc. Then the local sheriffs son did 50,000 dollars worth of damage to the local high school. His mom said "well, what do you expect, there's nothing for kids to do here in Burnet". The sheriffs wife. Sheer stupidity. And she's as big as a whale, also. (another one of my rants). Well, here's the doomer rumor going around the net:

1. Sandy shuts down Wall street.
2. Bank holiday declared
3. O declares martial law.
4. Cancels elections.

just a rumor.

Splitting and stacking firewood today, just glad I don't live up north. Soon to be no electricity, gas. grocery stores (probably). yummy.

Fascinating ancona - I had almost an identical situation when I lived up near DC (Chantilly, for those familiar). House or something on the grounds broken into daily.
I had to go to work...*almost* every day. Called the cops to document the damage several times, asked for a stakeout (no go - we don't have the resources), and no one had vid cams then (late 60's/early '70s).

It was obviously kids from the damage. They had fun making a campfire on my kitchen floor, stole my coin collection (to buy cokes with I'm sure), my marble/onyx chess set (to skip the "rocks" on the pond) and so on.

So, I told the cops, see, I have this (permitted) .45 1911, and tomorrow, I'm going to drive 6-10 blocks away, then sneak back into my home and blow the first guy through the door away - and maybe it's your kid, I don't care, if you won't do the job, I will.

Next day, first guy through the door (after knocking politely, then retreating to the yard to wait for me to come out) was that cop. He'd made some arrests. One of them WAS his kid. No prosecutions ( a gentler time with more latitude for youth I suppose), but they took them down to the station and scared the snot out of them - let them sit in a cell for awhile etc. No further problems after that.

Serve and protect is just paint on the side of the cop car, it has nothing to do with their mission in life. This cop found almost half of my chess set in his own basement.
Null pross. I was so happy to leave DC (plenty of other reasons) I can't describe it.

Edit:
I kind of doubt the conspiricy theories, but NYC did call up the National guard, electric companies are already pulling in resources from the west to repair any damage, and as for me, spent yesterday making sure my solar panels were extra well bolted down and gusseted against the wind we get when a hurricane hits here - we'll see at least some of it. I will have power, defence, food...and collect enough water to shower in all winter.
It just might not be a fun day to go outdoors. If it is - I'll bring my vidcam and get some cool shots. Right now, I have to go fix a known small leak in my roof (where the power wires came in from the solar panels) so I don't have to empty a bucket all day.

Last edited:
We have feral kids here- the adults are just as bad. I absolutely hate white trash.

I want to get away from people- not live with more of them.

Another excellent rant Ancona.
Missed em recently (-;

Makes me very appreciative of my circumstances.
Thank you.

DoChen,
If I have an [empty] legally purchased prescription bottle of.....whatever......in my vehicle, I am allowed to put anything I want in to it as long as it is in my possesion. This is emblazoned in case law. If someone wishes to steal said bottle and make presumptions as to the contents, well then let the thief beware as the owner of said bottle bears zero responsibility for any subsequent negative health evolutions of the illegal consumer.
If I was truly evil, I would have emptied some gelatine capsules and re-filled them with fucking arsenic, which would have killed whomever consumed it.

Again.....fuck 'em, and feed 'em fish heads....

Last edited:
One of our very best tricks against the shake-down bullies in the public school restrooms (heck you hadda go, especially if you were a smoker), was this slick one:

Repackage ExLax gum as spearmint. While they are holding upside down to get your lunch money to fall out (yes, they really did this), they get the gum. This part isn't the joke - yet, wait for it. Do this for a month or two, every day. They build up immunity to the ExLax.

Then go back to Spearmint....
They go to the hospital to have their shit surgically removed - no laxative works on them anymore. Revenge complete and sweet.

Hey searcher
thanks for the memories from the early days of bugland
we had some fun exchanges
its curious that the system has hung together since those times and yet we still seem concerned with the same things.

Back
Top Bottom