Sleeping in...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
On the rare occasion that I find myself able to sleep in, it is one of those little pleasures that can set your day up to be one of complete relaxation and release. Having been forced to rise earlier than usual for a few weeks as a result of capricious circumstance, I realized last evening that I not only had no pressing commitments in the morning, but none in the afternoon. I woke up like clockwork at 5:30, rolled over to look at the clock and went right back to sleep.

What I call 'second sleep' is when you go from fully awake in bed to realizing that it's Saturday, then falling back in to a deep stage four slumber. It is the best most restful sleep one can get in my opinion and it doesn't happen nearly often enough. Today was one such day, because after rolling over, I went back down for the count, not to return to the world of the awake until 11:00.

The feeling you get when those batteries are fully recharged, your body is completely rested, and your mind is clear and fresh is without compare. Some folks are able to sleep on command, taking afternoon naps and snoozing for ten quick ones here and there; I am not that person. For some reason naps do not agree with me at all. If I accidentally fall asleep in the afternoon, my body wants to keep on sleeping through a complete cycle. It is as if I do not have a short term off switch. Sleeping in once in a while is a wonderful thing, and today is that day.

Sometimes life is good.

Careful ancona, you could end up like a bloody teenager and never see morning again (-;

What I call 'second sleep' is when you go from fully awake in bed to realizing that it's Saturday, then falling back in to a deep stage four slumber. It is the best most restful sleep one can get in my opinion and it doesn't happen nearly often enough. Today was one such day, because after rolling over, I went back down for the count, not to return to the world of the awake until 11:00.

The feeling you get when those batteries are fully recharged, your body is completely rested, and your mind is clear and fresh is without compare.

Sleeping in once in a while is a wonderful thing, and today is that day.

I find that unless I sleep in every Saturday, I drag all the rest of the week when it is impossible to slow down. So, Saturdays I don't get up until fully rested, whether that be 8am or 2pm. The rest of the week, I am lucky to get 7 hours of sleep, and the pressure never lets up.

Back
Top Bottom