Stupid squirrels

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
So, my cable has been acting up lately and we couldn't figuree out why. The Boss calls the cable company and they sent a guy to the house this morning to check it out. Apparently, all of the neighborhood squirrels have been chewing on our cable wire at the pole junction resulting in sporadic signal failure. They are now replacing the entire run. When I asked the guy why they chew on the rubber insulation he said, "Squirrels are like rats and they need to chew on stuff because their teeth never stop growing".

Now I don't know if the perpetual tooth growth thing is accurate but I will be gettign more practice with my pellet rifle from now on.

What a pain in the ass.

Bring on the cats!

I seen a squirrel peck some siding off my house.

Maybe the feral cat hanging here is a good thing. They also rob all the walnuts from the tree.

Maybe you could grease the wire down with motor oil or something.

Squirrel Stew

~ 3 squirrels, cleaned and cut up
~ 1/4 cup all purpose flour
~ 1 teaspoon salt
~ 1/2 teaspoon pepper
~ 2 slices bacon
~ 2 tablespoons butter
~ 5 cups of water
~ 1 - 28 oz can whole tomatoes
~ 1 chopped onion
~ 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar
~ 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
~ 1 - 10 oz package frozen lima beans
~ 1 cup frozen corn
~ 3 tablespoons all purpose flour

Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Coat the squirrel pieces.

In a Dutch oven, combine bacon and butter over medium heat until butter melts. Add squirrel and brown.

Add water, tomatoes, onion and brown sugar and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Remove squirrel pieces and let cool. Remove meat from bones.

Add meat, potatoes, beans and corn to Dutch oven. Heat to boiling, reduce heat and cover. Simmer until potatoes are tender.

Mix 3 tablespoons of flour with 3 tablespoons of cold water, then stir into stew. Heat to boiling.

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, bubbly.

Serve with warm rolls and enjoy!

Because of the record drought in our area last year, this year we had a record production of acorns from live oaks, pecans, etc. You couldn't walk outside without crushing acorns everywhere. Squirrels in our area are getting fat this winter (and breeding???).

Back
Top Bottom