Suprise!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Suprisingly, a new study shows genetically modified food causes organ damage, tumors, and other fun stuff:

http://thenewamerican.com/world-new...os-that-show-links-to-tumors-and-organ-damage

“As a result of the mass tumors, liver and kidney damage, it was concluded that around 50 percent of the males and 70 percent of the females died prematurely as a result of eating only Roundup tolerant seed or drinking water with Roundup [at] approved levels set by the United States government.”

Who's laughing now?

3812795249_8ef3d60020.jpg

FWIW, this study came under attack almost the instant it was released. A little peer review is in order. Then we can sort the spin and BS (which always happen around any such emotional topic). Single studies have been known to have "issues".

I'm with DC on this one. Any reputable scientist will insist on multi-phase double blind studies for absolute accuracy and dependable data points. Too much data can pollute the results just as too few can result in false assumptions. Back in 1983 I participated in a drug study because I was starving to death and the money was pretty fantastic. This was the last phase of human clinical trials for the nitroglycerine patch and there were sixty of us. Over the course of two weeks about fifteen people dropped out for various reasons, so the study had to be repeated because their submitted proceedures outlined a minimum number of participants to achieve reliable results. Although they did not simply send us all home early when number fifteen left, they could only use the data for certain things and could not include it in the final phase submission to the FDA.

I would like to see the data they have and the methodologies utilized to arrive at their conclusions. this sounds like pretty damning stuff which if true, should certainly paint the end of monsanto and the poisons they demand we consume.

It's perfectly natural to eat food that makes its own pesticide. Just because it kills bugs, that doesn't mean it will hurt people. Jeeze, we only share 60% of our DNA with insects.
/sarc

poison arrow dart frogs eat ants, and all that poison doesn't hurt them....

Back
Top Bottom