This and that- thinking out loud-

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Cash is tight- I am holding off paying the mortgage- the late fee will be $7- and this would be cheaper then a bounced check.

One reason- and I am waiting to hear from my dr- is a medication. If he changes it to a not time released pill- it will cost $23. If it stays the way it is- the cost is $271. I emailed the dr a few days ago and have heard nothing. I am taking this as a "NO". I am considering going to some other dr. In the meantime I located some rx discounts cards. This is a big issue for me. One pharmacy had charged $50- I asked another one to price match - they said yes- then no. They cant match it as it would be below cost- she told me pharmacy1 filled the rx wrong. 1 had taken my name and will call me when the pills come in. It has been a week. I think he had filled it wrong and is not admitting it.
So I am not sure if I should find a new dr. I explored everywhere on the internet- most of the controlled meds in that mode cost $200-$500.

Next- my bike broke. The guy who cuts my grass-is fixing it. However instead of needing a sprocket/bearing it needs a wheel. Guy is trying to get one from a buddy of his. Local bike shop does not do bearings, and you have to have a fancy bike for them to do any work. It is taking a while to get this fixed. Parts on ebay for a wheel- ran $30-$60. I use my bike for some errands and it does save on gas.

My brother has my car sold-for $900 but has not found the next car for me. Recall that he is going to find me a car- and I will pay him $50 a month. He tells me we will need to spend $3500 to get something decent. Meanwhile I cant find the title- so I had to order one- which is $22.50.

..so until I know more about my finances I am holding off on the mortgage. Very annoyed with the rx thing.

Been there many times - juggling bills and debt. Be smart and patient. First law of holes applies (when you recognize that you are in one, stop digging).

Penn, this occurred to me for the first time the other night. The last few years are the first years of my "sober/reasonable contributing member of society" part of my life that I haven't had to worry EVERY day about some damn bill. I suppose the fact that over half the family is working is a big help. I pay ALL the bills with the exception of their cell phones which I detest and if I were to want for anything I know that the funds would be there to acquire it. there's really nothing I want today, so for today I'm in a good spot. If I were the king, then I would make them spend every cent they made on pms.

Now I am worried. I dont know if the late fee is $7 or $7 a day. hmm

can you call them and ask for clarification? Generally, from my experience, banks prefer to hear from the customer, if in temporary troubles, they prefer that rather then silence and nasty surprises. Your mileage may vary, of course, but it never have hurt me to call them and ask honestly.

Some good news. My Dr is willing to play ball with me. I was not sure he would. I took the one rx paper back and made her write in the file that I returned it- so that they do not think I am trying to get 2 of them. (controlled med) Somehow it filled by the ins. I had a list of discount cards and a coupon for $48ish- for the 60 tabs. Sometimes the ins fills things once as a comp then sends a letter. However looking at the receipt it looks like they paid $41 for it. Here is the shocker this formula is actually better. Foculen is better then Ritlylan- it has a bolder punch to it. So I am thinking even if I have to pay $42 a month- that is not so bad.

Meanwhile no word on my bike.

I have to wait for paypal to kick back a cancelled purchase- then I can see where I stand on paying the mortgage.

It does not look like I have to sell any pms for now.

Lets suppose the ins does say they wont pay for it- I then will use discount cards- and price match to fill it.

I really was upset- because this is a controlled medication, and I do not want a reputation with the Drs as being a trouble maker. I also did not want to change Drs because the sleeping pill is sort of controlled- I dont want to change the meds I am on- if I dont have to.

So for April there is gas- cost of the bike, cat food- and maybe $40 other I have to contend with.

Today was a good day!!

My bike is now fixed! The friend did not charge me and would not take $10. In the mean time I ordered reflectors and a light holder on ebay.

I spoke to the mortgage people- they said if I get caught up in early May- there is only a fee of $7.24. I will not be reported to the credit bureau if I clear this up May 3rd.

Meanwhile I have used the bike on 3-4 errands.

We have a shop of sorts- buy and sell. They have 6 bikes. I am pondering buying another one there.

Good stuff Penn.

These things might seem trivial to an outsider but when you have to carefully balance your last $10, they become important.

Possibly a lesson for us, how to live on bugger all.

I have to always get better with the cash.

Back
Top Bottom